IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

DCB Legal Claim Form for CP Plus Ltd (Roadchef motorway services)

I need some advice on how to get hold of the original parking tickets 
I apparently overstayed at a motorway services back in November 2019, but I don't have the original PCN - how do I request this and how much time do I have to do it!

I received the Claim Form on Saturday (3rd July) but it is dated 28th June 2021

I made the huge mistake of ignoring all the Debt collector threatening letters - but I don't have the original PCN's, so don't know exactly how long I overstayed by..
Some advice would be greatly appreciated as I don't want to just ring and pay the extortionate amount they are asking for

Comments

• Le_Kirk
    Le_Kirk Posts: 22,156
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Forumite
    edited 6 July 2021 at 1:09PM
    Submit a SAR to the parking company.  The instructions for doing this are in the NEWBIE sticky, which is everybody's first port of call, it contains so much useful information.  The PPC will have 30 days to reply.  If you have received a claim form (N1) from Northampton CCBC, all the details will be on there in the Particulars of Claim (POC).  One of the regulars @KeithP will be along to give you some useful info re deadlines for submitting the AoS and your defence.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 130,575
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Forumite
    edited 6 July 2021 at 3:06PM
    No you don't, because NEWBIES PLEASE READ THESE FQS FIRST (top of the forum) already tells you about a SAR (to get the PCN and photos and letters).and how to acknowledge the claim and how to defend.

All of this is already in the Announcement thread in capitals, that we will not be linking because it's at the top of the forum you are posting on, and there is a breadcrumb trail back at the top of the page (see my signature that explains that, below).

What's the ISSUE DATE of the claim?  28th June?

Also read ANY other tedious Roadchef thread.  We have DOZENS.  Copy theirs.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Elf2021
    Elf2021 Posts: 56
    First Post Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Le_Kirk said:
    Submit a SAR to the parking company.  The instructions for doing this are in the NEWBIE sticky, which is everybody's first port of call, it contains so much useful information.  The PPC will have 30 days to reply.  If you have received a claim form (N1) from Northampton CCBC, all the details will be on there in the Particulars of Claim (POC).  One of the regulars @KeithP will be along to give you some useful info re deadlines for submitting the AoS and your defence.
    Le_Kirk said:
    thank you - I am concerned I can't fight this because I ignored the Debt Collector letters and it's been so long!
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 130,575
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Forumite
    edited 6 July 2021 at 4:28PM
    I am concerned I can't fight this because I ignored the Debt Collector letters and it's been so long!

You haven't read anything yet, have you?

If you think ignoring debt recovery unregulated bully letters is a problem you really need to re-read my last reply and start reading. 

What do you think all the other zillions of perfectly-happily defended Roadchef threads are about, if not people who have ignored debt letters?
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Elf2021
    Elf2021 Posts: 56
    First Post Name Dropper
    Forumite
    No you don't, because NEWBIES PLEASE READ THESE FQS FIRST (top of the forum) already tells you about a SAR (to get the PCN and photos and letters).and how to acknowledge the claim and how to defend.

All of this is already in the Announcement thread in capitals, that we will not be linking because it's at the top of the forum you are posting on, and there is a breadcrumb trail back at the top of the page (see my signature that explains that, below).

What's the ISSUE DATE of the claim?  28th June?

Also read ANY other tedious Roadchef thread.  We have DOZENS.  Copy theirs.
    ok thanks - much appreciated

• Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Forumite
    Elf2021 said:
    Le_Kirk said:
    Le_Kirk said:
    thank you - I am concerned I can't fight this because I ignored the Debt Collector letters and it's been so long!
    Good , that was what you were supposed to do , ignore debt collector letters , same as tens of thousands of others do
  • Le_Kirk
    Le_Kirk Posts: 22,156
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Elf2021 said:
    Le_Kirk said:
    Well now you know from two regulars @Coupon-mad and @Redx that you did the right thing.
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,426
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    @Coupon-mad did ask you to confirm it, but I am going to assume that 28th June is the Issue Date on your County Court Claim Form.

With a Claim Issue Date of 28th June, you have until Monday 19th July to file an Acknowledgment of Service, but there is nothing to be gained by delaying it. 
    To file an AoS, follow the guidance in the Dropbox file linked from the second post in the NEWBIES thread.

Having filed an AoS, you have until 4pm on Monday 2nd August 2021 to file your Defence.
    That's nearly four weeks away. Plenty of time to produce a Defence, but please don't leave it to the last minute.
    To create a Defence, and then file a Defence by email, look again at the second post on the NEWBIES thread - immediately following where you found the Acknowledgment of Service instructions.
    Don't miss the deadline for filing an Acknowledgment of Service, nor that for filing a Defence.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback