IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

DCB Legal Claim Form for CP Plus Ltd (Roadchef motorway services)

Options

Comments

• Elf2021
    Elf2021 Posts: 56 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper
    edited 26 July 2021 at 3:55PM
    Options
    I didn't email Tracy Baitup having seen comments about her on other threads - but got this this morning
    Basically not interested - trying to think of the best way to respond!
    Still thinking of messaging Mark Fox on LinkedIn... 

Tracy Baitup <tracy.baitup@roadchef.com>

07:56 (3 hours ago)
    to me

Dear xxxxxxx

As the Director of Commercial Income, I have been asked to look at your case by our CEO, Mark Fox in relation to a PCN that you received, following a visit at our Northampton Motorway Service Area in 2019.

GroupNexus (or CP Plus) manages the parking on all of our Motorway Service Areas and helps us to ensure that there is always sufficient parking provision for motorists to stop and take a break when they need to. If GroupNexus does not receive a response to any of the three PCN letters issued to the registered keeper, the case is then passed on to a debt recovery company, which is what appears to have happened in your case.

The reason that the above is relevant, is to explain that because we employ GroupNexus to manage our parking, under General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) we do not hold any of the information on the vehicles, visits or driver on any of our Services, therefore we are not involved in the appeals process, even if we ask for it, they could only supply very limited information, again due to GDPR.

For this reason, the appeals process at this stage, is to write to the debt recovery company, with the information and evidence regarding your appeal and they will liaise with GroupNexus on your behalf. GroupNexus is a member of the British Parking Association and must therefore abide by their Code of Practice and respond to appeals as set out in the code.

I hope that this helps to point you in the right direction to obtaining a speedy solution.

Yours sincerely

Tracy Baitup

Director of Commercial Income

• Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Standard fob off !! She really hasn't got a clue

One thing I do know , if you don't rattle the emperor's cage , they will not change anything , which is strange when you think that Moto and others take a different view !!
  • Le_Kirk
    Le_Kirk Posts: 22,322 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    You should write back and explain that it wasn't an APPEAL but it was a COMPLAINT that Road Chef are going against Government advice that Tiredness Kills - Take a Break.
  • beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    edited 26 July 2021 at 3:04PM
    Options
    The lady spouts complete verbal Diarrhea ?    Shame on her and the contempt shown towards customers.

"
    For this reason, the appeals process at this stage, is to write to the debt recovery company, with the information and evidence regarding your appeal and they will liaise with GroupNexus on your behalf"

Is she being fed this rubbish by Group Nexus who she already knows LIES TO HER about these idiot debt collectors

With someone like Tracey pretending to run the show, RoadChef has become a drive past not a drive in.
  • Elf2021
    First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    KeithP said:
    Did you file your Acknowledgment of Service before 20th July?

How is your Defence progressing?
    Remember, I said earlier...
    ...you have until 4pm on Monday 2nd August 2021 to file your Defence.
    Very nearly three weeks since I wrote that.
    Just one week to go.
    yes I did file the Acknowledgement before the 20th July ( had a family bereavement so got a little delayed on the defence )

I have half written the defence - had a quick question - on the template it says that if I know I was the driver I need to admit it - is that the case - I have kept everything so far to third person "the Driver" not once referring to myself in first person
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,655 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    You seem to have missed my post last night.
    Here it is again...
    KeithP said:

Just one week to go.

• Elf2021
    First Post Name Dropper
    edited 26 July 2021 at 3:56PM
    Options
    KeithP said:
    You seem to have missed my post last night.
    Here it is again...
    KeithP said:

Just one week to go.

Sorry I didn't see this last night - but I just replied to the original message as you posted this  - yes I did file the AOS before the 20th July (14th July) , and my defence is about half way though - expect to finish it today and put it on here for advice and feedback - I am just concerned about the comment in the template that I need to admit I was the driver

• Le_Kirk
    Le_Kirk Posts: 22,322 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    You just need to tell the truth - ask yourself what you would answer if the judge askes the question "were you driving?"  Telling an untruth at this point will lead to more than a parking charge!  Posters do successfully defend PCNs as drivers, you just need a couple of good technical/legal points, the best ones being "I did pay", "I did have a permit and it was displayed", "I did not overstay."
  • Elf2021
    First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Le_Kirk said:
    You just need to tell the truth - ask yourself what you would answer if the judge askes the question "were you driving?"  Telling an untruth at this point will lead to more than a parking charge!  Posters do successfully defend PCNs as drivers, you just need a couple of good technical/legal points, the best ones being "I did pay", "I did have a permit and it was displayed", "I did not overstay."
    thank you - yes I was driving and it must have been the two occasions I fell asleep, not something I usually do so must have been exhausted.. the services were coming South so will have been late afternoon and the dates are both Friday. I wouldn't have over stayed if I hadn't fallen asleep  (although don't know how long I overstayed until they send me the PCN's, but it can't have been long!) - I honestly didn't notice the signage as at the time I was always pulling in as the light was failing and pretty sure it was raining - I will have grabbed a coffee and something to eat and used the facilities to try and wake myself up.. I only know that those dates were the month I was informed my office was closing and I was losing my job - so much more stressed than usual with Christmas only a few weeks away!  I have looked since and yes there is signage - but it just never occurred to me that a motorway services had a restriction on time allowed to stay there!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback