IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

DCB Legal Claim Form for CP Plus Ltd (Roadchef motorway services)

Options

Comments

• Elf2021
    Elf2021 Posts: 56 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Jenni_D said:
    yes - great you can see it - for some reason I can't... thank you
  • Elf2021
    First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    It's on TP
    fabulous thank you
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,777 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options

Now there is an important task to do in August: 

The final Government Consultation into the level of parking charges, discounts, false ‘debt recovery add-ons’ (that no PPC actually pays)...

...and the Appeals Charter - that should IMHO result in full cancellations not enrich the PPCs by £20 or more because it would just encourage spurious PCNs that should never be issued...

... is now open!

See separate thread:

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6286801/government-consultation-re-level-of-private-parking-charges-now-open

This forum’s regulars are encouraging email submissions with evidence and photos, letters attached to illustrate what happened to you and why you are answering the way you are.

Please tell your family and friends to encourage colleagues who have had these spurious PCNs and claims to email their evidence to the MHCLG as shown in the Consultation and not just do the tick boxes. 

The Government want evidence - victims must give it to them.  DON’T MISS IT.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Elf2021
    First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Defence filed, auto response received.. 
    thank you everyone for the help
    Ready for the next stage
  • Elf2021
    First Post Name Dropper
    Options

Now there is an important task to do in August: 

The final Government Consultation into the level of parking charges, discounts, false ‘debt recovery add-ons’ (that no PPC actually pays)...

...and the Appeals Charter - that should IMHO result in full cancellations not enrich the PPCs by £20 or more because it would just encourage spurious PCNs that should never be issued...

... is now open!

See separate thread:

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6286801/government-consultation-re-level-of-private-parking-charges-now-open

This forum’s regulars are encouraging email submissions with evidence and photos, letters attached to illustrate what happened to you and why you are answering the way you are.

Please tell your family and friends to encourage colleagues who have had these spurious PCNs and claims to email their evidence to the MHCLG as shown in the Consultation and not just do the tick boxes. 

The Government want evidence - victims must give it to them.  DON’T MISS IT.
    I will add some evidence too - my case isn't over yet, but this is so wrong on so many levels and needs to be stopped
     @Coupon-mad thank you so much for the help with the defence 
  • Elf2021
    Options
    Hi all
    I completed the government consultation before the deadline and then didn't hear anything for ages 
    Wishful thinking that they had decided to drop it, but I now have the form N180 to complete - which is fine as I have followed the instructions on the Court Claim Procedure track
    However I have one quick question - I have since driven unwell and really shouldn't have because I was afraid to stay at a motorway services for longer than the allotted 2 hours - i met a friend who didn't think I should be driving but I had a long way to go still on my own
    He has agreed to write me a witness statement to show the impact this has had on me - is this a good idea?
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,777 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Not a bad idea but not sure how it helps your defence position.  Your own witness statement and exhibits will have more evidential value.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Elf2021
    First Post Name Dropper
    edited 28 September 2021 at 12:03PM
    Options
    Not a bad idea but not sure how it helps your defence position.  Your own witness statement and exhibits will have more evidential value.

I was thinking along the lines of saying to the judge that people sometimes need to stay longer than 2 hours if they are not feeling well, after all isn't that the purpose of a Motorway Services and Rest stop! - I suffer occasionally from migraines and they start with tunnel vision and can take a few hours to clear, and having had these tickets because of 2 such instances I put myself and others in danger going back on the road for fear of getting hit with a fine..
  • D_P_Dance
    D_P_Dance Posts: 11,503 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    They cannot fine you.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback