IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

ROADCHEF ??? Houston we have a problem

Options
ROADCHEF ???   Houston we have a problem ?

There are many threads on here about RoadChef.   Here is one such thread >>>>>

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6268662/dcb-legal-for-cp-plus-re-road-chef-moto-pcns-advice-on-defence-against-claim/p1

It is clear that RoadChef do not understand that every thread on MSE goes onto google search ?

It seems it's just the start on Trustpilot
https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/www.roadchef.com

HOW CAN THIS COMPANY BE SUCKED IN BY ROGUE PARKING COMPANIES ?

ANSWER:   ROADCHEF ?

Let's be honest, who in their right mind would overstay in a car park in the middle of nowhere other than follow motorway signs that say

This is what the goverment says.  Enter a RoadChef service area and overstay because you were tired and fell asleep ...... YOU WILL BE CHARGED £100 ?

The Rt Hon Grant Shapps is the Secretary of State for Transport and he should be advised what is happening in motoray services when take a break but it could cost you £100

You have risked your life driving on a "smart motorway" and then drive into a service like RoadChef who have predators ready to pounce

Grant Shapps must look into the great motorway parking scam at RoadChef.   I think that MOTO understand

Complain to Grant Shapps and your MP

Won't be long before this post is on google for millions to see

Comments

• Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    One of them used the services as a shortcut to their parents house close by , didn't even park on the Roadchef car park at the services , yet got a parking charge notice from c p plus and now a court claim form due to Group Nexus issuing a court claim using dcb Legal as the go between lapdogs

You could not make it up !!
  • larry63
    larry63 Posts: 35 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Timeouts said:

Agreed dealing with Roadchef is infuriating, and they accept and condone the practices of their appointed commercial agents to harvest money off keepers of cars, even when it has been clearly pointed out that Groupnexus et al do not adhere to the required legislation.

What does beg the question, is why more people have not left a negative review on Roadchef before, having experienced their disgusting practices.

Is it allowed to add a link to review sites as part of this forum on the Newbies links, might this be appropriate? Can anyone who experiences and asks for help via the Forum not be encouraged to share their review on the appropriate sites?

Also reviews of such practices should be posted on Trip advisor.

https://www.tripadvisor.co.nz/Restaurant_Review-g186326-d4891902-Reviews-Roadchef-Kendal_Lake_District_Cumbria_England.html

Maybe Roadchef will then be more customer aware like Moto services Senior Management team are.

Roadchef will now never get any more money from me, or anyone i can persuade to avoid them.

• Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,357 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    I wouldn't spend a penny with them, but happy to stop there to spend a penny! 😄
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • Timeouts
    Timeouts Posts: 155 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Umkomaas said:
    I wouldn't spend a penny with them, but happy to stop there to spend a penny! 😄
    Be careful old boy, they seem to have cameras everywhere ? :)
  • Timeouts
    Timeouts Posts: 155 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    larry63 said:
    Timeouts said:

Agreed dealing with Roadchef is infuriating, and they accept and condone the practices of their appointed commercial agents to harvest money off keepers of cars, even when it has been clearly pointed out that Groupnexus et al do not adhere to the required legislation.

What does beg the question, is why more people have not left a negative review on Roadchef before, having experienced their disgusting practices.

Is it allowed to add a link to review sites as part of this forum on the Newbies links, might this be appropriate? Can anyone who experiences and asks for help via the Forum not be encouraged to share their review on the appropriate sites?

Also reviews of such practices should be posted on Trip advisor.

https://www.tripadvisor.co.nz/Restaurant_Review-g186326-d4891902-Reviews-Roadchef-Kendal_Lake_District_Cumbria_England.html

Maybe Roadchef will then be more customer aware like Moto services Senior Management team are.

Roadchef will now never get any more money from me, or anyone i can persuade to avoid them.

I really don't think that RoadChef understands the problem and it will get worse
    It will damage them, just as it does with many outlets for employing parking money grabbers

They will have to learn the hard way

• D_P_Dance
    D_P_Dance Posts: 11,503 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    To my knowledge the UK is the only country in Europe which charges thusly.    IMO this is totally unnecessary.

You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • Fruitcake
    Fruitcake Posts: 58,251 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    edited 4 July 2021 at 12:57PM
    Options
    Does anyone remember the poster on here a few years ago when they got a ticket for double dipping? The PPC paired the ANPR entry from a morning visit with another one from an afternoon visit. One was for a visit to a northbound service area, and the second was for the southbound visit.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
  • MothballsWallet
    MothballsWallet Posts: 15,852 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    @Coupon-mad Is this the same Patrick Troy? (Apologies for the source)

FYI, if he'd tried that with Mrs MothballsWallet, he'd have found himself in the hospital - she knows self-defence techniques.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback