IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

DCB Legal Claim Form for CP Plus Ltd (Roadchef motorway services)

Options

Comments

• patient_dream
    patient_dream Posts: 3,637 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    Elf2021 said:

and for me the one that has made me think - wow - really - this is a motorway services.. and they say it twice.. if someone needs to rest where else are thy supposed to go!!!!

That is their fault if they do not use POFA.
    What CP PLUS nonsensical  rubbish ???  They simply cannot make a wild assumption who was the driver, they need to prove who was the driver, they cannot.

I assume this is the Roadchef policy basically saying they don't want your business

Just another BPA member that has caused the new code of practice to clamp down on rogue traders

Nonsensical 
  • Elf2021
    Elf2021 Posts: 56 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Quick question - I will acknowledge receipt of their witness statement but do I need to send another witness statement with my thoughts on what they have said - or can I wait until the hearing?

1. the aerial map they have included showing the position of the signs is the wrong motorway services
    2. the signs are not the signs at the services - or the Watford gap services that I do stop at.. and they state they charge £10 if you need to overstay and they charge £20
    3. I kept it very vague that I couldn't be sure who was driving the car 2.5 yrs ago - and that's why I haven't given the information
    4. Their attached contract with Luke Goss at Roadchef states it is valid until at least 6th November 2020 - so this is obviously a standard template statement..

thoughts please - as I want to be able to point out in the hearing the holes in their argument.. and don't want my response to what they say in their statement to be refused 
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 133,039 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Luke Goss, as in Bros?!

Everything you describe is perfect NOT to alert them to, until the hearing!

PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Elf2021
    First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Luke Goss, as in Bros?!

Lol - oops Luke Gross!!
    Ok - I will wait for the hearing!

Almost looking forward to it if I am honest - they also state that they may not attend and are happy to accept whatever the judge decides!
  • MothballsWallet
    MothballsWallet Posts: 15,852 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Luke Goss, as in Bros?!

There's a way to tell if it's really him since he dropped into acting - he likes to play characters that look like one of the Mitchell brothers and who have a penchant for a rude word that rhymes with "banker"....
  • Elf2021
    First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Hearing day after tomorrow - still not had the zoom or teams call meeting details!
    Does it get sent from the Court?
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,980 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Elf2021 said:
    Hearing day after tomorrow - still not had the zoom or teams call meeting details!
    Why not ring the court tomorrow and ask them if they've forgotten about you.
  • Elf2021
    First Post Name Dropper
    edited 15 March 2022 at 8:21PM
    Options
    KeithP said:
    Elf2021 said:
    Why not ring the court tomorrow and ask them if they've forgotten about you.
    The court have emailed me the details now 
    Looks like this is actually going all the way - fingers crossed for tomorrow.. writing everything down so that I can't get flustered.

Will let you know how it goes - but whatever the outcome - thank you all for the amazing help and support
  • Le_Kirk
    Le_Kirk Posts: 22,435 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    Well done!              
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business