IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Excel - Set aside WON & CASE WON - Excel defeated AGAIN!

Comments

• Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,110
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Forumite
    Jenni_D said:
    A quick search found [email protected]

Also it seems that named people are [email protected]
    Would that be [email protected] by chance?  Such a nice man.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • milkybk
    milkybk Posts: 328
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    edited 21 July 2021 at 8:48AM
    Posted a 1st class recorded copy of my response, N244 and court confirmation to them this morning. Used the address from the bottom of the letter. No doubt they'll continue to harass me for as long as possible, hopefully I get a court date soon for the set aside. :smile:

• Jenni_D
    Jenni_D Posts: 5,056
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    Le_Kirk said:
    We don't recommend using any sort of signed for service as, if they refuse to accept it, they have proof of "non-delivery" not what you want.  Sending a letter from a post office with a pop (proof of posting) means it is deemed delivered two days later.
    Are RM not still signing themselves? Anyway, recorded delivery (which I think doesn't actually exist as a service, but we all know what is meant) isn't fatal as the delivery attempt will be recorded - a refusal to accept delivery will probably count against the recipient.
    Jenni x
  • milkybk
    Forumite
    Le_Kirk said:
    We don't recommend using any sort of signed for service as, if they refuse to accept it, they have proof of "non-delivery" not what you want.  Sending a letter from a post office with a pop (proof of posting) means it is deemed delivered two days later.
    How would you prove what your receipt was for though? Could just be any letter you posted to anyone. Although I suppose that's no different to a recorded delivery, the receipt doesn't prove the content of the letter.

Either way, I've sent them one, I have no doubt they'll ignore it and carry on threatening me anyway. Scum will always be scum after all.
  • Le_Kirk
    Le_Kirk Posts: 21,889
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Forumite
    A gentle reminder from the NEWBIE sticky: -
    DON'T POST IT BY ROYAL MAIL UNLESS YOU HAVE NO OTHER OPTION ON THE PCN.
    CERTAINLY NOT BY RECORDED DELIVERY - FORGET THAT! 

• Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Forumite
    No such service as recorded delivery , disappeared many years ago !!

Signed for is one service by the PO , where somebody signs it , the posties have signed these for the last 16 months , so no record of correct delivery to the correct address or people !!

And special delivery , where the postie signs it in front of the correct recipient , or should do

So for these parking company matters and legal matters , neither is suitable and a waste of money

Normal posting at normal postage rates with a free certificate of posting is adequate in law !!
  • milkybk
    Forumite
    Ok cool, duly noted and good info for the future, thank you. :smile:
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,024
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    edited 21 July 2021 at 11:44AM
    milkybk said:
    Le_Kirk said:
    How would you prove what your receipt was for though? Could just be any letter you posted to anyone. Although I suppose that's no different to a recorded delivery, the receipt doesn't prove the content of the letter.
    No, a PO receipt includes the postcode and property name/number, so the address of the recipient is included on the receipt.
    But you're right, the contents could be anything, and as you say, that is no different to any other service - signed for or not.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449K Spending & Discounts
  • 233.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.4K Life & Family
  • 246.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback