IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Excel - Set aside WON & CASE WON - Excel defeated AGAIN!

Comments

• milkybk
    milkybk Posts: 328
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Tell the court manager this should be a much more urgent 30 minute hearing for an application where a mandatory set aside rule applies and there is no reason for the claimant to be directed to do anything. 

Those Directions don’t even seem to say how long this November hearing is? If it’s one or 2 hours that is wrong for a set aside application. 
    Will ring first thing in the morning and report back here.
  • milkybk
    Forumite
    Spoken to the court this morning, they wouldn't transfer me to the court manager though.

The person I spoke to agreed that the letter appears completely wrong, as it should be the defendants hearing, not the claimant. They've asked me to:
    1. Send through everything again, including witness statement etc. 
    2. In that email I then need to explain why I believe the hearing needs to be brought forward and why it's likely a mandatory set aside (which I have already done in a detailed witness statement that they confirmed they had on file...).
    3. This will then be forwarded to the relevant Judge to review, I assume at their earliest convenience. 
    4. If the Judge agrees it needs to be brought forward they will let the court know. The court will then reissue the correct letters/paperwork and move the date forward, presumably moving someone else's provisional slot to a later date.
    The person I spoke to confirmed no Judge has a free 30 mins until my hearing date and after that the next slots are the end of December... However he did agree that Judgement hearings normally get priority, due to them potentially crippling people financially etc. 

Will type something up after work and post it here for review. Need to keep it concise, so it's easy to digest for the Judge. I am a bit annoyed though, as all this information is readily available on my N244 application, draft order, witness statement and evidence pack. 

I've kept a positive mental attitude throughout this process but this is the part I was most concerned about, as when something inevitably goes wrong it's almost impossible to speak to the correct person to expediate the issue.
  • Fruitcake
    Fruitcake Posts: 57,993
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    edited 27 July 2021 at 11:30AM
    As an aside, Mrs May said she was going to put a stop to this credit clamping when she was in Number 10. I suggest you write to Boris and remind him what the former leader of his party promised, ask why it is still happening, ask him what he is doing about this broken promise. and ask him when it will be sorted out.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
  • milkybk
    Forumite
    Email sent to the court as requested. Will ring tomorrow morning to ensure it's been received and is being processed as they stated it would be this morning. Hard to keep faith in the judicial process when it seemingly falls over at the first hurdle. Hopefully just a quick clerical error that can be rectified quickly.
  • D_P_Dance
    D_P_Dance Posts: 11,453
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Hard to keep faith in the judicial process when it seemingly falls over at the first hurdle.

Indeed, it has failed me and my family three times,  We have twice been awarded compensation for incompetence.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 129,343
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Very good.  It did look like an error!  
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • milkybk
    Forumite
    henrik777 said:
    You should always make the opposition aware of the application to save aggro over costs.
    Should I email Excel my application pack? 

Another plus side - DCBL have agreed to stop hassling me until after my set aside hearing, awaiting further instructions from the Claimant.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 233.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.5K Life & Family
  • 246.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback