IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Excel - Set aside WON & CASE WON - Excel defeated AGAIN!

Comments

• Snakes_Belly
    Snakes_Belly Posts: 3,696
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Name Dropper
    Forumite
    edited 1 April 2023 at 11:23AM
    Regarding the landowner it may be an idea to write to the landowner. You could include your video and a copy of the newspaper article. I doubt that they will cancel your PCN however they may think twice when the lease comes up for renewal. 

Excel were recently kicked of a car park near where I live although the new operator is not much of an improvement.

I would also mention if you write to the landlord that the car park is not safe at night as it is poorly lit.  You could also mention that the car park is not safe at night in your WS.  

Nolite te bast--des carborundorum.
  • milkybk
    milkybk Posts: 328
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    edited 9 July 2023 at 9:50PM
    Hello everyone! Thought I would drop in and update you all, as my hearing is set for this week. :)

Unfortunately, as always seems to be the case with MK County Court, nothing is going smoothly. I hadn’t received final confirmation of the hearing date or details to join the cloud hearing still, so I contacted the court. They said they had all my documents etc but hadn’t received my contact details and I was to email them to the following address (which I already did months ago when I first received my letter):

[email protected]

I tried multiple times and it keeps coming back as failed to send, I even checked it matched the address I sent my set aside contact details to, which it did. Contacted the court again and they said it should be working and it would be resolved soon, however still not working! Hearing is in a few days, so a little bit stressful/frustrating.

I emailed it to the standard enquiries email instead for now but no reply. Will ring the court in the morning…

However other than this, I’m ready and looking forward to getting this whole ordeal other and done with!
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,048
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    edited 9 July 2023 at 10:28PM
    milkybk said:
    I emailed it to the standard enquiries email instead for now but no reply. Will ring the court in the morning…
    Presumably using this address from their website...

Apart from that, we do from time to time see that emails sent via Gmail sometimes don't get to justice.gov.uk - especially at weekends.

• milkybk
    Forumite
    edited 9 July 2023 at 11:05PM
    KeithP said:
    milkybk said:
    Presumably using this address from their website...

Apart from that, we do from time to time see that emails sent via Gmail sometimes don't get to justice.gov.uk - especially at weekends.

Hi Keith - Yes, that’s the enquiry email I used. The email I shared was from the letter they sent me. I will try sending again tomorrow morning just in case, I’m using outlook/hotmail (same details as used in set aside hearing).

That’s the email I get back:

• milkybk
    Forumite
    edited 9 July 2023 at 11:05PM
    Tried another account too just in case but didn’t go through either unfortunately.
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,048
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    edited 9 July 2023 at 11:16PM

But the word court is missing from that email address.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 129,099
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Forumite
    edited 9 July 2023 at 11:24PM
    I suspect you've missed out the word 'court' from the email address?  Could be wrong but:

What you showed us doesn't match the (probably standard) ending of their 'enquiries' email address which includes 'countycourt' not just 'county'. So surely all their email addresses end the same?

Let us know how it goes at the hearing, please.

We also need you back this month anyway (please) for the final DLUHC announcement with the Government's long-awaited draft Impact Assessment and Public Consultation. 

Whatever the outcome in your case (and we want you to win!) PLEASE take part in the PUBLIC CONSULTATION to push the new law over the line. 

Anticipated 'before Summer recess' in Parliament so don't let the Claimant's rep pretend that the DLUHC Code is dead & buried.  It's not.  It will be resurrected any week now, so everything about the new statutory Code of Practice in your defence/WS is CURRENT and a steer for the Judge.

I'm hoping for useful words and clear analysis about the fake £70 'fee' slapped on top of private PCNs; a systematic attempt to "extort money from motorists" (Minister's words).

PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449K Spending & Discounts
  • 233.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.4K Life & Family
  • 246.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback