Options

Comments

• danrv
    danrv Posts: 1,446 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    edited 18 October 2021 at 2:04PM
    Options
    QrizB said:
    I'm still curious as to SuperHung's relatively low price for a fully-installed split system. £3.3k seems quite reasonable for the system they describe.
    @SuperHung who did you buy it from and would you recommend them?
    I was thinking that too.
    At one point there were five guys working on the Toshiba system. Also there was a fair bit of prior planning involved, emails etc. and two survey visits. All adds up. 
  • ispookie666
    ispookie666 Posts: 1,181 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    I have not looked into measuring COP or SCOP or similar. All I know is, I turn it on and the room cools or heats up as needed  :) and is definitely not using much electricity.  
    “Don't raise your voice, improve your argument." - Desmond Tutu

System 1 - 14 x 250W SunModule SW + Enphase ME215 microinverters (July 2015)
    System 2 - 20 x 330W Jinko Panels + Enphase IQ7+ microinverters (Jan 2022) + Givenergy AC Coupled inverter + 2 * 8.2KWh Battery (May 2022) + Mitsubishi 7.1 KW and 2* Daikin 2.5 KW A2A Heat Pump
  • markin
    markin Posts: 3,854 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Any update? did you get a warm and cheap running Nov - Jan? How many KWH are you using month/day?
  • danrv
    edited 9 February 2022 at 6:23PM
    Options
    markin said:
    Any update? did you get a warm and cheap running Nov - Jan? How many KWH are you using month/day?
    Last bill for period 28th Sept 21 to 19th Dec 21 was £263. 
    KWH usage:
    573 day
    596 night 
    Haven’t taken daily kWh readings like I was doing with the warm air heater or electric rads.
    As expected, the E10 cheap rate usage has now evened out. Before it was over 3x the day rate use.

The bill for this period last year was £459.
    It states average of 14.3kWh daily use for this bill compared to 26.6kWh for the same time last year.

The system heats the main living areas effectively. Fan needs to be cranked up a little in the lounge and hallway as the air handlers are mounted high on the wall. 
    Floor and seated level doesn’t get as warm otherwise. 
  • markin
    Options
    Would 6kwh be hot water, so 13kwh a day sounds really good to me, + a little use of the bedroom heaters?
  • danrv
    edited 9 February 2022 at 8:49PM
    Options
    markin said:
    Would 6kwh be hot water, so 13kwh a day sounds really good to me, + a little use of the bedroom heaters?
    Yes. Hot water immersion, 1-2hrs on cheap rate.
    Electric rads, occasional use.
  • QrizB
    QrizB Posts: 13,822 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    danrv said:
    Last bill for period 28th Sept 21 to 19th Dec 21 was £263. 
    KWH usage:
    • 573 day
    • 596 night 
    The bill for this period last year was £459.
    It states average of 14.3kWh daily use for this bill compared to 26.6kWh for the same time last year.
    Thast's very impressive, thank you for keeping records and updating the thread!

N. Hampshire, he/him. Octopus Go elec & Tracker gas / Shell BB / Lyca mobi. Ripple Kirk Hill member.
    2.72kWp PV facing SSW installed Jan 2012. 11 x 247w panels, 3.6kw inverter. 30MWh generated, long-term average 2.6 Os.
    Taking a break, hope to be back eventually.
    Ofgem cap table, Ofgem cap explainer. Economy 7 cap explainer. Gas vs E7 vs peak elec heating costs.
  • danrv
    edited 5 May 2022 at 2:24PM
    Options
    Just an update.
    Bill for the last quarter up to 31st March is £452.
    It’s a bit high but it is for the colder months.
    Averaging 20kwh a day. 
    The latest bill is pre energy price rise but I’m now paying 35.57p day and 23.08p night.

• Mikeyboy01443
    Mikeyboy01443 Posts: 207 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    didnt read all the thread (too long) but i had aircon installed a couple of years ago, daikin split systems, 2 out door units 4 indoor units... i use them for heating and cooling, but one of the first replies in this thread was, you need planning permission - that wasnt my experience, one company stated this to me but no one else did, it sounded like rubbish so i rang the council and building control etc, they confirmed that i did not need any planning permission to install. but it may be different for different areas!
  • markin
    Options
    didnt read all the thread (too long) but i had aircon installed a couple of years ago, daikin split systems, 2 out door units 4 indoor units... i use them for heating and cooling, but one of the first replies in this thread was, you need planning permission - that wasnt my experience, one company stated this to me but no one else did, it sounded like rubbish so i rang the council and building control etc, they confirmed that i did not need any planning permission to install. but it may be different for different areas!
    The law is always changing.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure