MSE News: 'Green list' of quarantine-free holiday destinations set to be revealed

Options

Comments

• Thrugelmir
    Thrugelmir Posts: 89,546 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    od244051 said:

The government need to do something to reduce the queues. Plus many will struggle with the lack of toilets. Then first lot of loos past control will have yet another queue to use them!

Much of the time is spent dealing with non compliant passengers. 
  • Butts
    Butts Posts: 1,289 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    od244051 said:

The government need to do something to reduce the queues. Plus many will struggle with the lack of toilets. Then first lot of loos past control will have yet another queue to use them!

They really need to digitise the process and get the E-Gates open again.
    As things stand people who are non-compliant should be sent to the back of the queue.
  • lisyloo
    lisyloo Posts: 29,624 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 8 May 2021 at 4:38PM
    Options
    Always fancied a summer holiday in Iceland, Faroe Islands or the Falklands.  :)

Unfortunately Australia and New Zealand aren't easily accessible.  :/
    Iceland is a lovely place for a short break and surprisingly warm due to being in the Gulf Stream. Not really ideal for a family holiday in the sun though,
    the blue lagoon, geysers, waterfall make it an interesting short break.

Persoanlly I’m avoid the uncertainty and holidaying in the Uk. Just fingers crossed for the weather, but you decide to make the best of it.
  • JGB1955
    JGB1955 Posts: 3,498 Forumite
    Options
    Butts said:
    Here's a radical thought why not change your destination and avoid the queues ?
    Ever heard of Jersey or Guernsey ?
    And soon Ireland.
    I share that view.  My next 8 booked holidays (all within the next 17 months) are
    1. Scilly Isles
    2. Yorkshire Dales
    3. Nottinghamshire
    4. Cornwall
    5. Anglesey
    6. Somerset
    7. Lundy
    8. Guernsey
    I'm ridiculously excited about all of them!
    #2 Saving for Christmas 2024 - £1 a day challenge. £131 of £366
  • Butts
    Options
    lisyloo said:

Iceland is a lovely place for a short break and surprisingly warm due to being in the Gulf Stream. Not really ideal for a family holiday in the sun though,
    Agreed, it's also very expensive !!
  • Butts
    Options
    JGB1955 said:
    Butts said:
    Here's a radical thought why not change your destination and avoid the queues ?
    Ever heard of Jersey or Guernsey ?
    And soon Ireland.
    I share that view.  My next 8 booked holidays (all within the next 17 months) are
    1. Scilly Isles
    2. Yorkshire Dales
    3. Nottinghamshire
    4. Cornwall
    5. Anglesey
    6. Somerset
    7. Lundy
    8. Guernsey
    I'm ridiculously excited about all of them!
    Nothing in Scotland ?
  • od244051
    od244051 Posts: 1,054 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Butts said:
    lisyloo said:

Agreed, it's also very expensive !!
    A colleague and partner went there in 2019. They said its so expensive. They had a 2 course meal at an average price restaurant. Including 2 beers - it was £110 and that's double what she pays here.
  • od244051
    od244051 Posts: 1,054 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Butts said:
    od244051 said:

They really need to digitise the process and get the E-Gates open again.
    As things stand people who are non-compliant should be sent to the back of the queue.
    Link vaccine record to passport number and when passport is read either on e-gate or in manned border control scanner, the info is shown.

I bet many of us will be happy to give our passport number to the NHS to do this.
  • sheramber
    sheramber Posts: 19,201 Forumite
    First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped! First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    od244051 said:
    I’m not going on holiday for a week - to spend 7-10 hours standing to go through passport control and then spend 10 days self isolating. As the country I’m going to isn’t on the green or red lists so Amber

I struggle to stand for two hours. Plus it will be masked.  Think I will become ill doing this.

Amber list countries and territories

What you must do if you have been in an amber country or territory in the 10 days before you arrive in England.

You should not travel to amber list countries or territories for leisure purposes.

• Butts
    Options
    sheramber said:
    od244051 said:
    I’m not going on holiday for a week - to spend 7-10 hours standing to go through passport control and then spend 10 days self isolating. As the country I’m going to isn’t on the green or red lists so Amber

I struggle to stand for two hours. Plus it will be masked.  Think I will become ill doing this.

Amber list countries and territories

What you must do if you have been in an amber country or territory in the 10 days before you arrive in England.

You should not travel to amber list countries or territories for leisure purposes.

Post May 17th will that advice not be advisory rather than mandatory ?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback