We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Must try harder!

Options

Comments

• WinterWarrior
    WinterWarrior Posts: 5,833 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    Well we are over the hump, so it’s not all bad. I have booked Friday off and only then realised it is a bank holiday on Monday, so I have a lovely 4 day weekend to look forward to.
    It isn’t raining here yet, but it’s overcast and it was easier to get some steps in on the walking pad after lunch, than to sneak out without the hound spotting me (or have the issue of trying to get her to stand up in time to get back to my desk).
    it’s one week to fridge day and I’m oddly excited 😅
    I hope you are all having a happy Wednesday ☀️
    Not all who wander are lost - J.R.R.Tolkien
    🌊 A smooth sea never made a skilled sailor 🌊
    2024 challenges - (1) £8k savings challenge = £1000 so far (2) 1 stone weight reduction = 3 lb’s so far
    My WW and friends diary is here 😁 … 
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6259606/must-try-harder/p1

• PennysIntoPounds
    PennysIntoPounds Posts: 1,831 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Happy nearly long weekend and one week until fridge day! Good job on getting the steps in 
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,690 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    I think you'd set your heart on a new fridge hadn't you 🙂 Good that you managed to find a less expensive one in the end. 

How lovely to have a nice 4 day weekend to look forward to. 
    I get knocked down but I get up again (Chumbawamba, Tubthumping)
  • milann
    milann Posts: 10,690 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I’ve got mega fridge envy. Enjoy all the cool chocolate disguised as chocolate 👍 You’ve worked out how you’ll pay for it and it’s no good waiting for your old one to give in and wasting lots of food should it fail unexpected. Better to spend cash on something like that than late night frittering on t’internet.
    Well done getting steps in. You’ll have to buddy up with the lady you met and find some new walks…presuming the dogs all get on ( or do you leave yours at home) 
    January spends - £587.58
  • WinterWarrior
    Options
    I think I had SA. It’s been in the back of our minds for nearly 2 years whilst the circuit board has been playing up. Once I realised we could get one without raiding anything significant it was all over 😅
    Thanks Milann, I need you to justify all of my big spends, you do it so well!! 
    My dog doesn’t go on walks or rides anymore. She just pootles around the garden and sits for inconvenient amounts of time while I step up and down. 2.30am this morning we were taking the night air for 20 minutes 😢 She’s too heavy to move so if bribery doesn’t work and pretending to go inside without her doesn’t work, I just have to wait her out. 
    2024 challenges - (1) £8k savings challenge = £1000 so far (2) 1 stone weight reduction = 3 lb’s so far

• dawnybabes
    dawnybabes Posts: 2,613 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Mine had me outside at 2.30 a, last week, she’d been for a wee but found a hedgehog in her garden ! Cue her laying down and guarding the bloody thing.  I couldn’t get her back in so gave up, left back door open and went back to bed 🤣🤣🤣
    Sealed pot challenge 822

Jan - £176.66 :j
  • jwil
    jwil Posts: 19,485 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    jwil said:
    I don't keep chocolate in the fridge!  There'd never be enough space :D  
    Sacrifice something non essential like vegetables 🤭 I just love cold chocolate. Chocolate biscuits are a step too far though as the biscuit goes soft 😖
    That's a good option.  My kitchen's cold enough to keep it cold in the winter, and in the summer, I do find it can be a bit melty!
    "If you can dream it, you can do it". Walt Disney
  • jwil
    jwil Posts: 19,485 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Enjoy your long weekend!
    "If you can dream it, you can do it". Walt Disney
  • WinterWarrior
    Options
    Mine had me outside at 2.30 a, last week, she’d been for a wee but found a hedgehog in her garden ! Cue her laying down and guarding the bloody thing.  I couldn’t get her back in so gave up, left back door open and went back to bed 🤣🤣🤣
    🤣. Hedgehogs are exciting! My garden isn’t secure so I’d be worried she’d bumble out at some point. Plus the house cats would be running wild, but I can’t say I’ve never been tempted.

• WinterWarrior
    Options
    Thank @jwil, just today to get through…I can do it (sniff), I can! 
    This morning I weigh the same as I did on Sunday after a small roller coaster ride of losing a few points of a pound and steadily gaining them back. I have been doing over 7k steps each desk day by sheer determination and mad lady stomping and have been sticking to a calorie deficit. My muscle is apparently going up and my fat down, plus by some miracle the fancy scales think my bones weigh 0.1 more….but my overall weight will not shift. This last stone and a half loves me with a passion and will not shift. I have upped my protein just in case that helps. It’s just so boring! MrWW on the other hand has dropped 5lbs straight away while moaning and complaining his way through his much bigger calorie allowance…in just over one week! What the heck! The universe hates me 😭
    Well that’s enough moaning for one day (but I doubt I’ll stop 🤭)…I hope you all have a fabulous Thursday full of good things and calorie free biscuits 🌷⭐️☀️

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family