Found my birth mother !

Options

Comments

• pollypenny
    pollypenny Posts: 29,394 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    sheramber said:
    Your birth mother had made it very plain that she wants no contact with you or from you.

She ignored your letters hoping you would g away but the gift of chocolates showed her you did not intend to do that so she sent them back.

You are now hurt by that and  that is exactly what everybody was trying to protect you from but you wouldn't listen to reason.

You considered you knew better and your desire to have a relationship with her would be reciprocated.

I have to agree with the above.  As sad as it is, she gave you up for adoption and wants nothing to to do with you. She's not being 'spiteful' any more than you could have been considered by intruding into her life now. 

You might have reawakened lots feelings. 
    Member #14 of SKI-ers club

Words, words, they're all we have to go by!.

(Pity they are mangled by this autocorrect!)
  • MrsStepford
    MrsStepford Posts: 1,609 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    My birth mother ignored the adoption society's rules and colluded with a friend for him and wife to adopt me. My adoptive mother took me as a toddler, to her workplace but wouldn't tell me whether my mother was there. I don't know if my adoptive father and birth mother kept in touch after my adoption but there are earlier letters in my adoptive mother's garage, which I haven't been allowed to see. 

Posters keep saying it's a rejection of me, without thinking about the shenanigans the adults got up to. I know the story told to the adoption society by my mother and her employer. That doesn't mean it's true. 

Yes, spiteful, because she mailed me the fresh chocolates which need refrigeration and were delivered.  Secondly, she knew how much it had cost us to send the letter from the stamps on the envelope, but only put one First Class stamp on the new envelope so I had to pay £.

I am going to tell her that I am not going to put up with her spite. Whatever she feels about the past, it's not my fault. I was a baby. I don't need another toxic mother. 

• gettingtheresometime
    Options
    My view is that this is one of those situations where you shouldn't do anything for at least a week...let the dust settle.

The reason I say that is that I was in one of those situations where I wanted to send an email / text to someone telling them how I felt but decided to wait - and I'm so glad I did as it could have drastically changed what has happened since for the worse.

Could it not be the case that the package & the chocolates spooked her and given time she may make overtures to you?
  • GBNI
    GBNI Posts: 576 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    OP, your birth mother could not make it any clearer she wants nothing to do with you. How would contacting her to say you don't want another toxic mother help with this situation? She doesn't want to be involved, so there is NO chance you could have another toxic mother.

I have read parts of your threads that you have going and genuinely I hope you are getting professional help for your feelings. 

Perhaps they can make you come to realise and you will stop harassing your birth mother before she goes to the police, which she would have every right to do.  
  • jennystarpepper
    jennystarpepper Posts: 696 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    edited 17 July 2021 at 7:34PM
    Options
    Please take the advice that other people have given you.

@Mojisola has said the same thing I would have said. 

You are making presumptions and upsetting yourself.  The postage issue needs to be dropped, we have an old lady who has mail she didn't want .... (not your fault), you have no idea if she has long-term mental health issues, have you thought about her just panicking and shoving them back in the post, I think this is highly possible, she didn't ask for your gift.  You can't be angry with her.  

Your birth mother sadly was closing a door when she sent them back.  You need to leave her alone, this is what she is telling you to do.  Saying, ' i'm going to tell her' sounds like the spiteful voice of your adoption mother talking.... it will do you no good. 

Whatever lies or wrong information given about your adoption cannot be changed, are you not surprised they all knew things had not been done by the book? Don't forget it was all done at a time when many things like this were ignored.

Please concentrate on your own health, as i said before, ask your GP for a referral - look after yourself as it is time to move on.  

MFW -  01 10 21. £63761 01.10.22 £50962 01.10.23 £39979

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure