Cross Stitch and Craft Cafe 2021

Options

Comments

• Charly27
    Charly27 Posts: 602 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    Hi Coxy and Nmm.
    Agree with you those reindeer are cute. I’m sorry to hear you are still waiting for OH. I know NHS under pressure but it doesn’t help. Hope he’s not too uncomfortable.
    I’ve donated to the Jogle Coxy as Charly ‘friend from cafe’. 
    No stitching here had an eye infection since last Tuesday only in right eye. Two visits to emergency eye clinic, antibiotics, antibiotic eye drops and now steroids and I can almost open my eye. Blood tests showed on threshold of pre diabetes but that was before I lost a stone. Doctor thinks I basically overweight and need more exercise and I won’t feel so tired if I break a sweat every day. So fat and lazy it is!  :D
    Just want my eyes back. Have a lovely weekend both x
    ‘One of our greatest freedoms is how we react to things’ said Mole.Cross stitch cafe WIP ‘The Best is yet to come’ Emma Congham & ‘A Year in the Life of’ HSC. TaDa Welcome
  • Ditzy_Mitzy
    Ditzy_Mitzy Posts: 1,853 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    Progress: almost none!  Finished kits: one, kits in progress: one, new kits to be started: one.  I have bought something new, but need to finish my other one first.  It's a long road!
  • Coxy11
    Coxy11 Posts: 4,898 Forumite
    Homepage Hero Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hi everyone,
    Sorry OH is still waiting nmm - hope it's not too much longer. Well done on the walking, but agree that trainers or walking shoes deffo make it easier.
    Thank you so much for sponsoring us Charly - I was wondering who that was and assumed it must be a friend of my sisters. Really appreciate the support, so thank you xx Sorry you have been poorly though and feel for you with the eye infection. DS1 had iritis last year and was in agony. I hope the medication helps xx
    Ditzy - photos please!! Let us know what you're working on - I love to see everyone's makes :)
    DH has just left for his weekend away. I am strangely happy to have the house (almost) to myself - DD is working upstairs and DS2 will be back from school around 4.30pm. DH barely leaves the house week in week out, so I'm pleased he is having some time away with his mates. He was a bit too excited though!!
    Have a good afternoon/evening all,
    Coxy xx

Cross-stitch WIP: Durene Jones Haberdashery Shop 365 1p challenge member No.6 Read 24 books in 2024 - currently reading Into the Water by Paula Hawkins 14/24
  • nmm
    nmm Posts: 2,382 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I've actually cross stitched something :D its a last minute birthday card for a friend tomorrow, its on rainbow aida but the camera doesn't pick it up well.

Cross Stitch Cafe Member No1WIP: Cross Stitch: Seascape Kit - Crochet:
  • Charly27
    Charly27 Posts: 602 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    Hi everyone. I can see and tomorrow I will be able to post a Tada! Two weeks off work with preseptal cellulitis.  Picked up my stitching after a fortnight on Friday and have finished the sampler. Just needs a wash and press then will have to decide whether to take it to the framers or another DIY. Then what next? 
    Nmm love the quick card. Coxy hope DH weekend away went well and it did him good. Ditzy_Mitzy do post pictures. Hope you all have a lovely BH weekend.
    ‘One of our greatest freedoms is how we react to things’ said Mole.Cross stitch cafe WIP ‘The Best is yet to come’ Emma Congham & ‘A Year in the Life of’ HSC. TaDa Welcome
  • nmm
    Options
    Ouch that sounds unpleasant Charly, glad you're on the mend now, personally i would DIY but i'm a cheapskate sorry MSE'r  :D 
  • Coxy11
    Options
    Hi everyone,
    Lovely finish nmm - hope your friend had a good birthday. 
    Charly - that sounds horrific, so sorry you've been poorly xx Oh can't wait for the Ta-Dah moment!
    DH had a good weekend away last week with his chums, and I enjoyed the relative peace and quiet lol! This BH weekend we have been busy bees. DS1 moved into his house - DH and DS2 helped. DD and I had a theatre trip to London (postponed twice before this 3rd date). Saw friends on Sunday for a pub roast and catch up. DH fixed DDs car yesterday and I dropped some last bits to DS1s house. It's all go.
    Privilege day/Queen's birthday today for the C/Service which means my managers aren't working today. I've had a day of admin and feel fully caught up now which is good. 5k run this morning in 30:26 whoohoo :)
    No stitching done whatsoever last week as we were at DS1s every night painting. Too busy this weekend too, but will try at least 2 nights this week. Have been diagnosed with OA in my index finger joint. No cure - just manage with paracetamol and topical gel. TBF it's not all that bad, just seems to flare up when I knit or crochet for prolonged periods. First world issues!
    Hope you are all enjoying the sunshine.
    Take care all.
    Coxy xx

Cross-stitch WIP: Durene Jones Haberdashery Shop 365 1p challenge member No.6 Read 24 books in 2024 - currently reading Into the Water by Paula Hawkins 14/24
  • Coxy11
    Options
    Morning all,
    Just a quick update. Went to knit and natter yesterday for the first time in 6 months. They meet in a church and haven't been able to get together due to restrictions. I took my Rudolph sampler, rather than start a knitting project. Managed about 30 stitches of the border as didn't have my magnifying light and was struggling to see lol! Was worth going though for the pastoral support of my chums and getting out of the house. Having a whats app call with friends tonight so hope to stitch some more tomorrow evening.
    Hope you're all doing okay and are managing to get some sunshine. Has been glorious here the past few days. Running, even at 6.30am is tough in this heat!
    Coxy xx
  • nmm
    Options
    Pleased you got to a K&N group, its great to get out and meet people again, very good for the soul :) Had some decent sun here too been a nice change.
  • Coxy11
    Options
    Hello everyone, Happy Friday,
    No stitching done this week. Binged watched Time with Sean Bean (very good) and also visited my neighbour whose ex-H beggered off 2 years ago leaving her with the 2 children and no money. Thankfully she is in a much better place now, both emotionally and financially.
    I am having a quiet night tonight, so will get Rudolf and friends out and see what I can achieve. Tomorrow is DMums birthday, so DH and I are taking her out for lunch. Need to get food shop on way back! Sunday I'm holding a cake sale on my drive for my JoGLE fundraising. So far I've purchased 30 cupcakes (with T Clubcard vouchers so 'free') and I want to get some cherry bakewells and fondant fancies too. Not sure how many people to expect but would hope to sell out as don't fancy adding to my podge with cake! 
    Hope you all have a great weekend. The football is starting so will be good for some but not others I expect :)
    Coxy xx
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback