Cross Stitch and Craft Cafe 2021

Options

Comments

• nmm
    nmm Posts: 2,382 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Just watched the 1st episode of Time last night, looking forward to the next ones. Good luck with the sale, btw you're not adding to your podge, you're bulking up for the JoGLE :D No stitching done but finished the backpack, i'll get a photo for you tomorrow. Enjoy the weekend.
    Cross Stitch Cafe Member No1WIP: Cross Stitch: Seascape Kit - Crochet:
  • nmm
    Options
    Backpack photos as promised, the straps are so easy and very cool see video here , i bought some carabiner rings to attach them so i can make it into a shoulder/crossbody bag if i so wish its a 3 in 1 (MSE tip there) lol. Its also much darker burgundy irl camera doesn't like it.

• Coxy11
    Coxy11 Posts: 4,898 Forumite
    Homepage Hero Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    That's gorgeous nmm xx Is that for you or a gift?
    I managed some stitching on Friday evening. More of the border - the names of the reindeer - now going up the right hand side. Will try to post a photo shortly.
    Mum's birthday on Saturday so DH and I took her out for lunch. I did a cake sale and raffle on my drive yesterday morning and raised just over £140 for my JoGLE fund. Whoohoo. We are nearly at £5k now :)
    Two weeks today we will be boarding our flight to Inverness on the first leg of the journey up to JoG. I only have 8 days left at work and have arranged for a temp to cover me, she starts next Monday. It's all getting a bit real now :)
    Have a good day everyone,
    Coxy xx

Cross-stitch WIP: Durene Jones Haberdashery Shop 365 1p challenge member No.6 Read 24 books in 2024 - currently reading Into the Water by Paula Hawkins 14/24
  • nmm
    Options
    Coxy, the bag is for me, funny thing is though i rarely use one, i prefer my jacket pockets, but summer is supposed to be on its way. Well done on the cake sale and fundraising. I'm from the east coast of scotland about 40 miles from inverness, enjoy the scenery and your adventure, i'll be following along on FB.
  • Coxy11
    Options
    Morning everyone,

Lovely bright and sunny here and due to be very warm today. Thunder, lightning and rain forecast for rest of the week.
    I went into the office yesterday as myself and some colleagues had to sort through 60 archive boxes. It really was as grim as it sounds, not least because we were in the basement in a window-less room! Anyway, it was nice to see some colleagues and have hugs prior to my trip away. The trains were fine, and boss treated us to lunch, so all good!

nmm - hoping we don't bore everyone with our FB updates :)

Hoping to get some stitching in this evening whilst the football is on. Update photo to follow.
    Hope you're all doing okay.
    Coxy xx
    Cross-stitch WIP: Durene Jones Haberdashery Shop 365 1p challenge member No.6 Read 24 books in 2024 - currently reading Into the Water by Paula Hawkins 14/24
  • Coxy11
    Options
    Latest Rudolf update:

• Charly27
    Charly27 Posts: 602 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    Hi everyone, apologies for my absence. Hope all are well. Nmm  the bag is gorgeous. So clever. I always use a small backpack or my pockets, have only one handbag for work.
    Coxy the Jogle is starting to feel so close all of sudden. I hope I can also follow along on FB.
    Well done on the target on progress with the fundraising. Rudolf and friends are looking good.
    I have bought more mounting card and a frame from the Range for the sampler. Going to DIY. It’s washed and ironed, waiting for the next step.
    Started Pretty Little Dublin but only stitched a bit.
    Exciting news. DH put Harbour Lights on the wall in the living room behind the dining table. 

‘One of our greatest freedoms is how we react to things’ said Mole.Cross stitch cafe WIP ‘The Best is yet to come’ Emma Congham & ‘A Year in the Life of’ HSC. TaDa Welcome
  • nmm
    Options
    Coxy, rudolph is looking great, will you have him finished before JoGLE or is that wishful thinking, haha.

Charly, welcome back i hope you are fully recovered. Harbour lights looks brilliant up, good luck with your framing.

Thank you for the lovely comments on the bag, i'm really pleased at how it turned out. OH finally spoke to someone at Newcastle, his surgery will be done by robots ie keyhole so only a few days stay, just waiting for the date now. I did complete a small card for my niece's birthday, it made me laugh  :) About to try and make a motorbike into a trike for a card, i cannot find a trike cross stitch anywhere.

• Charly27
    Charly27 Posts: 602 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    Hi Nmm I’m glad to be back. Bit of of a wake-up call. So pleased OH has a date for what sounds like state-of-the art surgery.
    Love the card, might magpie that in the future as OH HATES peas with a vengeance.
    Thought I’d Tadaad the sampler.
    Here it is before framing. Sorry light not the best last night.

‘One of our greatest freedoms is how we react to things’ said Mole.Cross stitch cafe WIP ‘The Best is yet to come’ Emma Congham & ‘A Year in the Life of’ HSC. TaDa Welcome
  • nmm
    Options
    The sampler is perfect charly, the happy couple will love and cherish it :) 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure