Comments

• alco_pop
    alco_pop Posts: 49 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    rmtucker said:
    Madmel said:
    Update to my post above:

I just rang SP and spoke to a helpful lady.  The reason I have not heard anything further is because I did not give them my DD information.  She gave me my account number and tariff information. Apparently to kickstart the process, they need your account name, sort code & account number.  I have done this and have registered my SP account online.  It says the switch is in process.  Hopefully progress is now being made.  There are hardly any decent E7 tariffs out there and as our night usage is pretty high, I have compared with flat rates too, but there is little going.  SP actually looks competitive...
    So basically they are blackmailing you into giving your Bank Details? >:)
    I tried to make a complaint to them as it is over 5 weeks now since they took over.
    But guess what there system will not log a complaint without an account number.
    The webchat has not worked in the last 5 weeks and tried ringing them a week ago only to be told to wait until they contact me.
    I think they are basically thieving from YE customers over the winter period by dragging it on as long as possible.
    Does anyone know if there is a time limit on the solr switching process (I mean switching not refunds etc)?

I have only just got my account number today. But that was only because I had been emailing to chase them up. As I'm with NatWest there was no direct debit to have looked for for those details. My last payment went in November and no new direct debit showing.
  • Verdigris
    Verdigris Posts: 1,725 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    A little tip for anyone who had already left YE and is waiting for a credit refund. The only way to get access to SP is through the online chat facility. Other routes require an SP account number, which you don't have. Although you are mostly speaking to a bot, that spews out standard and irrelevant replies, if you persist, somebody will tell you they will repay by cheque. You will also get an email with a link to the transcript of the transaction. You will at least be on their radar, which you weren't before. How long you will have to wait for your money requires a knowledge of string theory!
  • Phones4Chris
    Phones4Chris Posts: 857 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited 13 January 2021 at 3:49PM
    Options
    Verdigris said:
    A little tip for anyone who had already left YE and is waiting for a credit refund. The only way to get access to SP is through the online chat facility. Other routes require an SP account number, which you don't have..........
    If you left YE before SP took you over, the refund will come direct from the YE administrators. If you haven't deleted your YE DD then they can refund you direct to your bank account (because they have your bank details, not because it's a DD.)
  • Phones4Chris
    Options
    On the 1 Jan, I gave SP a meter reading.
    Today the bill goes online and apparently I am dead.

Just wondering if they like to kill off people who leave them :D 
    I think you could surprise them and make a ghostly call to them >:)
  • Verdigris
    edited 13 January 2021 at 4:07PM
    Options
    If you left YE before SP took you over, the refund will come direct from the YE administrators.
    I did. Why did SP say they would send me a cheque?
    Who are the administrators? I haven't had any contact from them, either. I think a month is more than enough for them to at least acknowledge your existence as a creditor.
    I did cancel my DD as I had a feeling SP would be SoLR and didn't want them getting my bank details, given their legendary incompetence.
  • Phones4Chris
    Options
    Verdigris said:
    If you left YE before SP took you over, the refund will come direct from the YE administrators.
    I did. Why did SP say they would send me a cheque?
    Who are the administrators? I haven't had any contact from them, either. I think a month is more than enough for them to at least acknowledge your existence as a creditor.
    I did cancel my DD as I had a feeling SP would be SoLR and didn't want them getting my bank details, given their legendary incompetence.
    I'd guess the SP call taker perhaps was meaning that the YE administrators would send the cheque (or didn't know better!).
    Have you logged into your YE account recently to see what's showing there?
  • Verdigris
    Options
    My YE account just shows my credit. There isn't any other information available although, bizarrely, there's a button to get a quote!
  • Phones4Chris
    Options
    Verdigris said:
    My YE account just shows my credit. There isn't any other information available although, bizarrely, there's a button to get a quote!
    You could try asking your current supplier if they've passed your opening reading through to YE (administrators). Most people are expecting quite a few weeks wait for final bills from YE.
  • Verdigris
    Options
    You could try asking your current supplier if they've passed your opening reading through to YE (administrators). Most people are expecting quite a few weeks wait for final bills from YE

All done. I'd completed my transfer to new suppliers and the final statement has been calculated. I just need to find who the administrators are, so I can hassle them for my money. It's a poor show they haven't made any contact with creditors after over a month.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback