🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Yorkshire energy ?

Options

Comments

• Slinky
    Slinky Posts: 10,055 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Slinky said:
    After all the trouble I've had with transposed meter readings, I've started the move away today from SP to Outfox where I'll be paying a single rate for leccy. The savings for E7 weren't that great for me that I could find, we only use 25% overnight and that's with me waiting to put the dishwasher and washing machine on overnight to get the lower rate. Was tempted by slightly lower bills by Avro, but the website took an age to load, then didn't recognise the SP tarriff from its own dropdown list and they wanted me to call them. Decided they looked like more trouble than the savings were worth.
    I've put meter readings in today for SP, including a reading in the gas where like others I had the mysterious 1902 date. It said the reading was a bit high, but it took it.
    Am I alone in finding that rates I was quoted last week are higher now?
    I am switching to Avro their site loads fine and I was able to get a quote without problem, as for the SP tariff not showing it's there Energy Exclusive and Energy Exclusive Online ,and was recognised I have just checked
    As for OFTM I was with them before YE and they were a nightmare re billing and altering DD's at a whim hopefully they have changed

For me there was a message when I picked Energy Exclusive asking me to call them as they couldn't quote.
    Make £2024 in 2024
    Prolific to 29/2/24 £184.97, Chase Interest £11.88, Chase roundup interest £0.18, Chase CB £16.96, Roadkill £1.10, Octopus referral reward £50, Octopoints £6.30 to 31/1/24, Topcashback £4.64, Shopmium £3
    Total £279.03/£2024  13.8%

Make £2023 in 2023
    Water sewerage refund: £170.62,Topcashback: £243.47, Prolific: to 31/12/23 £975, Haggling: £45, Wombling(Roadkill): £6.04,  Chase CB £149.34, Chase roundup interest £1.35, WeBuyBooks:£8.37, Misc sales: £406.59, Delay repay £22, Amazon refund £3.41, EDF Smart Meter incentive £100, Santander Edge Cashback-Fees: £25.14, Octopus Reward £50, Bank transfer incentives £400
    Total: £2606.33/£2023  128.8%

• Fadacious
    Options
    Is it safe to say that the reference number for the DD that SP set up is your account number? I'm thinking about trying to register early
  • bagand96
    bagand96 Posts: 6,141 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Fadacious said:
    Is it safe to say that the reference number for the DD that SP set up is your account number? I'm thinking about trying to register early
    Yes that's correct. Plenty of forum users here did just that weeks ago... 
  • mwt_2
    mwt_2 Posts: 43 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    What does it mean if my property has now disappeared from the findmysupplier.energy website???

• Phones4Chris
    Options
    mwt_2 said:
    What does it mean if my property has now disappeared from the findmysupplier.energy website???

Which region are you? If it's still missing tomorrow I would ring them and ask them.
  • Phones4Chris
    Options
    Update. Well my bank is showing DD's from YE, SP and Neon Reef. Nothing taken from any since last YE on 1st December.
    Neon Reef have sorted the DD truncated details with more email :open_mouth: I see in the SP account that they have the same cr*p truncated addressing problem - so I've edited the "correspondence" address which I had to do manually as the auto search was broken! I see SP's home page is showing they've got new fixed price (greener?) tariffs so I thought I'd try getting a quote, it found my address on the drop-down, but then said it couldn't find it :D:D Useless, so I won't waste any more time on it.
    The YE and SP accounts aren't showing the meter reading I gave SP (despite the thank you email from SP), the SP account doesn't show any DD detail but might have done before the "sorry to see you go" message as others have commented.
    So now it's wait for something to happen B)
  • Fadacious
    Options
    bagand96 said:
    Fadacious said:
    Yes that's correct. Plenty of forum users here did just that weeks ago... 
    Thanks, it's only recently appeared on my bank and there's a lot of messages to trawl through here so I didn't notice.
  • Madmel
    Madmel Posts: 798 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Western Power Distribution still shows YE as our supplier.  Nothing further from SP.  I cancelled the DD to YE on receipt of the first SP email so SP don't have any bank details for me.  I have only received 2 emails from them with no account number or anything.  Our bills are big due to storage heaters but around 70% of our usage goes through the cheaper rate so it's worth us hanging onto an E7 tariff.  Going to try to call SP now.  I need to be in school in an hour; I hope it doesn't take that long...
  • Madmel
    Madmel Posts: 798 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Update to my post above:

I just rang SP and spoke to a helpful lady.  The reason I have not heard anything further is because I did not give them my DD information.  She gave me my account number and tariff information. Apparently to kickstart the process, they need your account name, sort code & account number.  I have done this and have registered my SP account online.  It says the switch is in process.  Hopefully progress is now being made.  There are hardly any decent E7 tariffs out there and as our night usage is pretty high, I have compared with flat rates too, but there is little going.  SP actually looks competitive...
  • rmtucker
    rmtucker Posts: 65 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Madmel said:
    Update to my post above:

I just rang SP and spoke to a helpful lady.  The reason I have not heard anything further is because I did not give them my DD information.  She gave me my account number and tariff information. Apparently to kickstart the process, they need your account name, sort code & account number.  I have done this and have registered my SP account online.  It says the switch is in process.  Hopefully progress is now being made.  There are hardly any decent E7 tariffs out there and as our night usage is pretty high, I have compared with flat rates too, but there is little going.  SP actually looks competitive...
    So basically they are blackmailing you into giving your Bank Details? >:)
    I tried to make a complaint to them as it is over 5 weeks now since they took over.
    But guess what there system will not log a complaint without an account number.
    The webchat has not worked in the last 5 weeks and tried ringing them a week ago only to be told to wait until they contact me.
    I think they are basically thieving from YE customers over the winter period by dragging it on as long as possible.
    Does anyone know if there is a time limit on the solr switching process (I mean switching not refunds etc)?

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 11 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure