Husband has willed our home to Daughter without consulting me 😢

Options

Comments

• k3lvc
    k3lvc Posts: 4,174 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    -taff said:
    I have zero sympathy for you. You chose to make the choices you made, you chose not to work, not to have your own money. How on earth can you surprised he wants to make sure his daughter [ and yours?] is provided for. I find it very difficult to believe your child says things like that unless she's been prompted by you.
    Harsh but fair
    The responses probably aren't what the OP was expecting but in reality it's time to call it if things really are that bad - either accept the financial security that Husband is providing or leave and forge your own way 
  • GoodLuckGemma
    Options
    Yes Highland76  YOU are absolutely right there !!!!   I think me not being on the deeds is probably the final straw.
    Our daughter knows nothing of this - she simply saw houses that she liked better than ours !!    In fact I also see houses I like much better than ours !!
  • comeandgo
    comeandgo Posts: 5,744 Forumite
    Options
    Well no.  But he ALWAYS wants his own way......he just suits himself and if I don't like it - tough !   IF he had been interested in my opinion on our home - he would have consulted me wouldn't he ??  I have health problems - so there is NO WAY I could work enough to have a private pension 😢.   Also I am SOLE day to day carer for our Daughter
    😢😢
    You don't need to be working to have a private pension, you can pay in yourself or your husband can pay into your pension.  I would imagine as your husband works and you do not that it is acceptable you have sole day to day care of your child.  
  • GoodLuckGemma
    Options
    Yes Rob - thank-you for your comments
    I appreciate them.  I did not simply 'chose' not to work.  I have severe Endomietriosis which leaves me in shocking pain for much of each month
    As I said originally my brother died suddenly at 39 which has devastated me and my parents !!  I am now their ONLY surviving child and am trying to support them emotionally.  It's very tough !!!  Did anyone on here read what I have been writing ??  Would anyone like to walk in my shoes for a day and see what it's like ????   My parents live abroad so cannot even be here to offer support ........
  • KatrinaWaves
    KatrinaWaves Posts: 2,944 Forumite
    Options
    Yes Rob - thank-you for your comments
    I appreciate them.  I did not simply 'chose' not to work.  I have severe Endomietriosis which leaves me in shocking pain for much of each month
    As I said originally my brother died suddenly at 39 which has devastated me and my parents !!  I am now their ONLY surviving child and am trying to support them emotionally.  It's very tough !!!  Did anyone on here read what I have been writing ??  Would anyone like to walk in my shoes for a day and see what it's like ????   My parents live abroad so cannot even be here to offer support ........
    With the utmost respect, your brothers death, whilst very sad, doesnt have any bearing on the will situation with your husband.

He hasnt really done anything wrong in trying to provide for his young daughter.

The negative aspects of your relationship are again a totally separate issue. If you want to get divorced, all power to you! But those issues do not change the will issue which do not change your brothers passing issues and so on.
  • Tigsteroonie
    Tigsteroonie Posts: 24,954 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Would anyone like to walk in my shoes for a day and see what it's like ????   My parents live abroad so cannot even be here to offer support ........
    Would you like advice, or would you just like a hug? 
    :heartpuls Mrs Marleyboy :heartpuls

MSE: many of the benefits of a helpful family, without disadvantages like having to compete for the tv remote

:) Proud Parents to an Aut-some son :)
  • LadyHarris
    Options
    I am going to reply from his side as i am in a situation quite similar . I inherited a 7 bedroom property which i rent out  and the money is in a separate account for repairs and maintenance that may need doing. We also jointly own the property we live in mortgage free I have 4 grown and left home children I have no pension or savings as i stayed home to bring the children up my choice  In my will i have left the large property and account to my children and my half share to my children with a lifetime interest to my husband . I have not discussed this with him as i do not feel putting my children first is the wrong thing to do . I will add my marriage is not particularly great but i honestly think we stayed together for the children and it became habit we rub along ok most of the time but that's it. I really feel that there are underlying issues here and you may need to look at other problems other than the will you can either accept his choices or move on the choice can only be made by you.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback