New Santander Zero CC Design

Options

Comments

• Highland76
    Highland76 Posts: 519 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    I think it'd be so much nicer if they just toned down the dots or went with a slightly less busy pattern.
    I think the dots compliment the solid black very nicely :smile:
  • jay1804
    jay1804 Posts: 426 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    I think it'd be so much nicer if they just toned down the dots or went with a slightly less busy pattern.
    I think the dots compliment the solid black very nicely :smile:
    I agree, much better than the standard one colour design
  • SuperAllyB
    SuperAllyB Posts: 860 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Each to their own, but surely what it looks like is almost certainly the least important feature of a credit card!
  • cymruchris
    cymruchris Posts: 5,233 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    Each to their own, but surely what it looks like is almost certainly the least important feature of a credit card!
    Some people like the card to look 'important' when they pay for things rather than like a kids toy. Luckily that's not me :smile: It used to be that Gold and Platinum cards were all the rage so that when you paid for your shopping in the supermarket - you felt rich because you had the Platinim Plus card although in reality you were probably up to your neck in debt :smiley:

Some cards are a bit boring though to be honest, at least a few providers now are offering some extra choices. I like the Barclays debit card option of putting your own choice of photograph onto your card - that'd be a decent option going forward. 
    An ex-bankrupt on a journey of recovery. Feel free to send me a DM reference credit building credit cards from the usual suspects :) Happy to help others going through what I've been through!
  • Each to their own, but surely what it looks like is almost certainly the least important feature of a credit card!
    finally a sensible comment  ;)
  • sleepyjones
    sleepyjones Posts: 6,087 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    "form over function" ... applies to everything from the clothes you wear to the food you eat, doesn't mean it's not a discussion worth having though :)
  • "form over function" ... applies to everything from the clothes you wear to the food you eat, doesn't mean it's not a discussion worth having though :)
    indeed, though for me it's function over form every time. I find it sad how people are so concerned with appearances. But yes, each to their own, why not discuss it. I've got quite a few cards, probably couldn't tell you what colour most of them are, but I can tell you when the 0% offers end :smile:
  • Dandytf
    Dandytf Posts: 4,820 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Looks like the pattern you scrape off with a coin to reveal your pin! Have you tried?
    No doubt someone has.
    Replenished CRA Reports.2020 Nissan Leaf 128-149 miles top charge. Savings depleted. VM Stream tv M250 Volted to M350 then M500 since returned to 1gb
  • funkycredit
    funkycredit Posts: 536 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    edited 10 August 2020 at 2:24PM
    Options
    I'm probably in the minority here but I love the new design of the Zero card, IMHO its the best looking card around closely followed by my Nationwide card. I think the red colouring on the edges of the Zero card is a nice touch, very similar to my Barclaycard Rewards card (that has blue on the edges rather than red). 

I've got the members card also; like it myself but it's at the back of my wallet along with the old style Zero card. I use my BC Platinum and Amex Platinum for daily use just now for the cashback and other opening offers. Just thought, In my opinion, the new Zero card wasn't up to much - it's an eyesore!
  • funkycredit
    Options
    SnowTiger said:
    chistery said:
    SnowTiger said:

My new Natwest debit card has a notch carved in to its right-hand-side and six raised bumps on it. It looks similar to a braille character, however it doesn't appear to be one.

https://www.rbs.com/rbs/news/2019/05/new-natwest-debit-cards-now-accessible-for-all-customers-.html
    The notch thing is becoming more common.

As already mentioned, Nationwide does it; and my new Virgin Money debt card has one too.
    Weird the Virgin CC doesn't. 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure