Possible £100 Halifax switch offer starting 4/8/20

Options

Comments

• afis1904
    afis1904 Posts: 348 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Can anyone link me the thread about the best accounts to switch out of?
  • colsten
    colsten Posts: 17,597 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    afis1904 said:
    There is no such thread.

The best account to switch is one that you already have, and that you don't mind, or that you want, to switch to Halifax.

If you do not have such an account, the next best option is that you try and get one. Word on the street is that it's easy and quick to open accounts with Monzo, Starling or Metro but see some earlier posts.
  • Ghostcrawler
    Options
    afis1904 said:

no one can tell you which account you can switch out of, as its very subjective and no one would know what accounts you have.  Switch takes care of anything so there is no preference in high street banks vs any app banking.  You will have to check out which banks you dont use or dont need or not getting anything out of it.  Switch process will move over everything and whatever you were doing with the previous bank will be able to do with Halifax.
  • ischris85
    ischris85 Posts: 491 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    colsten said:
    afis1904 said:
    There is no such thread.

The best account to switch is one that you already have, and that you don't mind, or that you want, to switch to Halifax.

If you do not have such an account, the next best option is that you try and get one. Word on the street is that it's easy and quick to open accounts with Monzo, Starling or Metro but see some earlier posts.

After waiting all day for Monzo for verify my ID, decided to try open a Metro account which was opened in 5 minutes. Thanks again :)
  • drob4
    drob4 Posts: 147 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    superM said:
    drob4 said:
    Ashen said:
    drob4 said:
    keiran said:
    To those who already have more than one (possibly many) Reward accounts, how are you approaching this one, please?
    I could try to open another, but the terms do say only one sole Reward account - and the application may even trigger their system or a human into seeing the many accounts I hold and closing them!
    I’m considering opening an Ultimate account (don’t currently have any of these) and paying one month’s fee. Doesn’t seem to be an option to close the account online after the incentive is received though...
    I just opened an Ultimate account. Hopefully the system will let me downgrade it after the switch is complete, in the same way I upgraded a Classic to a Reward last month.
    Good point. Hopefully there’ll be an option to downgrade to a standard current account. Pretty sure there’s an option to do this with my non-Ultimate Reward account.
    That's what I am thinking to do. Open Ultimate account.  I thinking switching date will be around 13th August. They should pay the incentive by that time. And downgrade the account soon after. 
    Hopefully they will not charge me account fee if the account is downgraded before the fee becomes payable? 
    According to the account t&c’s, you’ll pay a proportion of the fee (if I’m reading it correctly):

“If you close your Ultimate Reward Current Account
    or transfer it to another of our accounts, your final maintaining the account fee will be proportionate to the number of days from the last fee debit day to the date of closure or account change.“
  • superM
    superM Posts: 357 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 4 August 2020 at 6:49PM
    Options
    Thanks.  Just opened Ultimate Reward and requested the switch which has switch date of 13 August. If it works all in good switch should be completed by next week plus £100 credit. 
    Will downgrade after. 
  • jen49
    jen49 Posts: 192 Forumite
    Options
    Thank you both colsten and Zanderman for your replies was reading on mobile app and think I scrolled too far down and missed a bit
    #40 Save £1 a day for Christmas 2020 £109/366
    #9 Save 12k in2020 £3705/12000.00
  • Nebulous2
    Nebulous2 Posts: 5,153 Forumite
    Options
    My HSBC regular saver comes out in 3 days and I’ve no reason to keep the account after that. I had intended streamlining my accounts, but I last had a Halifax bonus in 2016 and still have a Clarity card, so I might as well go for it. 
  • colsten
    colsten Posts: 17,597 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Nebulous2 said:
    My HSBC regular saver comes out in 3 days and I’ve no reason to keep the account after that. I had intended streamlining my accounts, but I last had a Halifax bonus in 2016 and still have a Clarity card, so I might as well go for it. 
    Are you not tempted by another HSBC RS at @2.75%?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback