Possible £100 Halifax switch offer starting 4/8/20

Options
Posted on "hotukdeals" - starts 4/8/20 expires 14/9/20 - not on website yet so far from definite.
"As part of a re-launch of their Reward Current Account, Halifax are offering customers £100 to switch their account over from another provider, to either a BRAND NEW Reward current account or a BRAND NEW Ultimate Reward current account, using their Current Account Switching Service. Existing account holders MUST open a NEW account to be eligible for this.

No minimum criteria and the £100 is credited to the account before the switch completes.
Please note both of these accounts have monthly fees (the reward part of which can be waived subject to minimum monthly income paid into the account)

Also colleagues of Lloyds Banking Group are not eligible for this.
If you have received a switch offer from Halifax since April 2018 you are not eligible for this offer.
Only 1 offer per customer."
Even if true, many MSE forumites will already have a Reward account and maybe not be eligible for another due to T&C`s limiting number of accounts.

Comments

• surreysaver
    surreysaver Posts: 4,105 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Now trawling through all my Halifax statements because I cannot remember whether I've had a switching bonus from them or not   :rofl:
    I consider myself to be a male feminist. Is that allowed?
  • PRAISETHESUN
    PRAISETHESUN Posts: 3,722 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Sounds very similar to the last Lloyds offer where you could downgrade your existing CL account and then open a new one to be eligible for the incentive, to get around the terms only allowing one CL open at a time. Will be interesting to see how it pans out and if it turns out to be real - can't see anything on the Halifax site about it.

@surreysaver I've just done the same as you  :# Last incentive paid out in Nov 2018, which I think from memory was the last time Halifax ran a switch incentive, which probably rules out a fair few people...
  • northwalesd
    northwalesd Posts: 1,167 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Ooh, I hope so - I'll be able to switch out my soon no interest paying Tesco account.
  • WillPS
    WillPS Posts: 3,474 Forumite
    Newshound! First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Hmmm... I'm eligible but tempted to wait it out, £100 is on the lower side of what they've historically offered.
  • tryin
    tryin Posts: 351 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    WillPS said:
    Hmmm... I'm eligible but tempted to wait it out, £100 is on the lower side of what they've historically offered.
    How much have they offered in the past?
  • Ghostcrawler
    Ghostcrawler Posts: 378 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    I have got £150 last year in Oct when they were running the switch promotion. It was email invitation only offer. This time might be open for all (if eligible).
  • Seldonista
    Seldonista Posts: 63 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Now trawling through all my Halifax statements because I cannot remember whether I've had a switching bonus from them or not   :rofl:
    You didn't hear this from me but if a bank doesn't check that you have a double-barrelled surname... 🤷‍♂️
  • ischris85
    ischris85 Posts: 490 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Shame I've just opened a Halifax reward account in the last week.
  • crumpet_man
    crumpet_man Posts: 533 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Ooh, I hope so - I'll be able to switch out my soon no interest paying Tesco account.
    Keeping my Tesco for clubcard points on those big debit card purchases where credit cards are not accepted.

Anyone know which banks you cannot switch from?  Not sure if Lloyds or Bank of Scotland will be eligible for switch bonus as they're part of the same group?
  • michaels
    michaels Posts: 28,005 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    When do the reward account fivers come in as i will downgrade after. Thanks
    I think....
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts