Possible £100 Halifax switch offer starting 4/8/20

Options

Comments

• colsten
    colsten Posts: 17,597 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    ischris85 said:
    I tried to open a Monzo account this morning to take advantage of this offer, but seems stuck on verifying your account information so might have to use my Starling account.
    Be aware that Starling won't allow you to open another account with them within 12 months of switching away from them.
  • colsten
    Options
    jen49 said:
    Ashen said:
    Any idea if it offers to switch as part of a new application if doing logged on as an existing customer?
    Trying to find the answer to this as well
    Yes it does.
  • colsten
    Options
    schiff said:
    Is there something to be said for not bothering about the monthly deposit nor the DDs, 
    This switch offer does not require DDs. Nor does the new Reward scheme.
  • ischris85
    ischris85 Posts: 491 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    colsten said:
    ischris85 said:
    I tried to open a Monzo account this morning to take advantage of this offer, but seems stuck on verifying your account information so might have to use my Starling account.
    Be aware that Starling won't allow you to open another account with them within 12 months of switching away from them.
    Didn't know that thank you Colsten. Do you know if Monzo has a similar restriction?
  • Consumerist
    Consumerist Posts: 6,310 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 4 August 2020 at 4:47PM
    Options
    S_uk said:
    Quick question for those that already have accounts with Halifax - if I open a rewards account, can I pay in the £1500 at any point in a calendar month (so I don't have to pay a fee), or is it during the cycle of a month starting from when the account was opened?
    The £1,500 must be deposited within the calendar month. It doesn't have to be in one single payment, so you can spread it out over the month..

>:)Warning: In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.
  • colsten
    Options
    ischris85 said:
    colsten said:
    ischris85 said:
    Didn't know that thank you Colsten. Do you know if Monzo has a similar restriction?
    Without digging a lot, I can't be certain about Monzo but it seems they allow re-opening after 30 days: https://community.monzo.com/t/deleted-account-and-now-want-to-re-open/75571

Perhaps someone else knows better than me.

This is from Starling FAQ:

• colsten
    Options
    IIRC, Metro accounts can be opened quite quickly - though my knowledge on this is BC (Before Corona)
  • mab3000
    mab3000 Posts: 513 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    ischris85 said:
    colsten said:
    ischris85 said:
    Think I remember when I switched away from Monzo recently a message came up in the app acknowledging that I started a switch away from them and that I was welcome back anytime. 

Unlike Starling, when I switched away from them last year they did absolutely nothing when I switched, no acknowledgement or anything. Just on the switch date I couldn’t access the app anymore. 
  • jen49
    jen49 Posts: 192 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    colsten said:
    jen49 said:
    Ashen said:
    Any idea if it offers to switch as part of a new application if doing logged on as an existing customer?
    Trying to find the answer to this as well
    Yes it does.
    Found it but you wont get offer (£100) and they close your current reward to open an new one - thats how I'm reading the T&C's anyway.
    If anyone else knows different....
    #40 Save £1 a day for Christmas 2020 £109/366
    #9 Save 12k in2020 £3705/12000.00
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family