We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Nationwide Mortgage

Options

Comments

• randrews1
    randrews1 Posts: 18 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    randrews1 said:
    randrews1 said:
    Afternoon All, 

FTB 90% LTV in Northern Ireland applying directly to Nationwide. Progress so far: 

26th May: DIP accepted 
    23rd June: Offer accepted
    24th June: Full application submitted 
    5th July: Email received to say mortgage application approved 

I still have not received an update regarding the valuation or survey (full building survey), so assuming the application has been approved subject to valuation; Has anyone else experienced this and am I correct? 

Many thanks,
    R
    Following on from the above, mortgage was approved subject to valuation on 5th July. 

The valuation has been booked for 20th July, however Countrywide have been a disaster regarding the survey, which I paid for via Nationwide when submitting the mortgage application. 

A week has been wasted and I have been messed about regarding false promises and a surveyor on their panel not accepting the survey as apparently the fee is too low. I can’t be the only person in Northern Ireland to have wanted a survey carried out by / via Countrywide! 

Very frustrating and extremely poor service from Countrywide. 
    To give an update, survey was carried out last week and only a couple of very minor points for consideration which is a relief! 

Valuation taking place today, so fingers crossed it goes smoothly. 

What turnaround times have you experienced from valuation to receiving an update from Nationwide?
  • clare19811
    clare19811 Posts: 79 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    randrews1 said:
    randrews1 said:
    randrews1 said:
    Afternoon All, 

FTB 90% LTV in Northern Ireland applying directly to Nationwide. Progress so far: 

5th July: Email received to say mortgage application approved 

I still have not received an update regarding the valuation or survey (full building survey), so assuming the application has been approved subject to valuation; Has anyone else experienced this and am I correct? 

Many thanks,
    R
    Following on from the above, mortgage was approved subject to valuation on 5th July. 

The valuation has been booked for 20th July, however Countrywide have been a disaster regarding the survey, which I paid for via Nationwide when submitting the mortgage application. 

A week has been wasted and I have been messed about regarding false promises and a surveyor on their panel not accepting the survey as apparently the fee is too low. I can’t be the only person in Northern Ireland to have wanted a survey carried out by / via Countrywide! 

Very frustrating and extremely poor service from Countrywide. 
    To give an update, survey was carried out last week and only a couple of very minor points for consideration which is a relief! 

Valuation taking place today, so fingers crossed it goes smoothly. 

What turnaround times have you experienced from valuation to receiving an update from Nationwide?
    We had our valuation on 6th July and haven't actually heard anything back from that so I'm just assuming it was ok! 
    House sale/purchase progress (we're selling our rental property and currently living in rented so no pressure to complete both on the same day).

2/6 - Accepted offer on our house.

15/6 - AIP in place with Halifax
    18/6 - Offer accepted on our dream home!
    19/6 - Solicitors instructed
    23/6 - Broker applied for AIP with Nationwide to allow us 23 years due to hubby's age - AIP referred!
    24/6 - AIP approved
    5/7 - Full application finally in with Nationwide & valuation booked within 2 hours
    6/7 - Valuation
    12-13/7 - Hard credit searches on both of us with TransUnion (Credit Karma)
    13/7 Hard search Equifax (ClearScore)
    14/7 Proof of deposit requested in a different format
    19/7 Gifted deposit form requested for non-sale part of the deposit - funds were from some inheritance, not gifted - deed of variation sent.
    2/8 Text and email saying offer issued, details to follow in the post!

21/9 Exchanged on both properties
    24/9 Completed on sale
    14/10 Due to complete on purchase
  • sacvwgolf
    sacvwgolf Posts: 71 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    sacvwgolf said:
    sacvwgolf said:
    Just joining in on the waiting game. We are both FTB 95% LTV and had an offer accepted on 23rd June. DIP already in place. Mortgage application received today and valuation booked in a fortnight's time. 
    Well that was an unexpected nice surprise. Valuation happened yesterday and just received text offer. Super impressed with the speed esp as we're FTB with a low deposit! Wasn't expecting it to be so easy.
    Slight hiccup, got the offer through the post and the purchase price is wrong (5k too high). Had to go back to the broker and get them to contact Nationwide to send out revised offer with the correct purchase price. Doesn't really affect anything as we're probably weeks away from exchange anyway.
    FTB

23/6 - Offer accepted
    7/7 - Application for mortage
    8/7 - Searches ordered
    21/7 - Mortage Offer issued
    30/7 - Contract pack received. Enquiries raised.
    9/8 - Mortgage Deed signed and witnessed.
    11/8 - Searches returned.
    12/8 - Survey completed. Nothing major. 
    23/8 - Home buyers report received.
    6/9 - Enquiries response received.
    15/9 - LISA deposit paid to solicitors
    5/10 - Contract signed

27/10- Seller pulled out at exchange
    15/11- Exchanged
  • randrews1
    randrews1 Posts: 18 Forumite
    Options
    Nice update this morning, the aforementioned infamous two texts at the same time saying the valuation report had been received and offer issued. Nice bonus too that the interest rate dropped slightly since application, so lower monthly payments. 

Now for the fun and chasing solicitors; Timeline below:

5th July: Mortgage approved subject to valuation 
    21st July: Survey of house 
    26th July: Valuation of house 
    28th July: Valuation report received 
    28th July: Offer issued 

Thank you all very much for your help and advice. Best of luck. 
  • clare19811
    Options
    randrews1 said:
    Nice update this morning, the aforementioned infamous two texts at the same time saying the valuation report had been received and offer issued. Nice bonus too that the interest rate dropped slightly since application, so lower monthly payments. 

Now for the fun and chasing solicitors; Timeline below:

5th July: Mortgage approved subject to valuation 
    21st July: Survey of house 
    26th July: Valuation of house 
    28th July: Valuation report received 
    28th July: Offer issued 

Thank you all very much for your help and advice. Best of luck. 
    Great news! Congratulations!
    House sale/purchase progress (we're selling our rental property and currently living in rented so no pressure to complete both on the same day).

23/6 - Broker applied for AIP with Nationwide to allow us 23 years due to hubby's age - AIP referred!
    24/6 - AIP approved
    5/7 - Full application finally in with Nationwide & valuation booked within 2 hours
    6/7 - Valuation
    19/7 Gifted deposit form requested for non-sale part of the deposit - funds were from some inheritance, not gifted - deed of variation sent.

24/9 Completed on sale
  • sacvwgolf
    sacvwgolf Posts: 71 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    sacvwgolf said:
    sacvwgolf said:
    sacvwgolf said:
    Just joining in on the waiting game. We are both FTB 95% LTV and had an offer accepted on 23rd June. DIP already in place. Mortgage application received today and valuation booked in a fortnight's time. 
    Well that was an unexpected nice surprise. Valuation happened yesterday and just received text offer. Super impressed with the speed esp as we're FTB with a low deposit! Wasn't expecting it to be so easy.
    Slight hiccup, got the offer through the post and the purchase price is wrong (5k too high). Had to go back to the broker and get them to contact Nationwide to send out revised offer with the correct purchase price. Doesn't really affect anything as we're probably weeks away from exchange anyway.
    Received the two texts regarding the revised offer...phew!
    FTB

23/6 - Offer accepted
    7/7 - Application for mortage
    8/7 - Searches ordered
    21/7 - Mortage Offer issued
    30/7 - Contract pack received. Enquiries raised.
    9/8 - Mortgage Deed signed and witnessed.
    11/8 - Searches returned.
    12/8 - Survey completed. Nothing major. 
    23/8 - Home buyers report received.
    6/9 - Enquiries response received.
    15/9 - LISA deposit paid to solicitors
    5/10 - Contract signed

27/10- Seller pulled out at exchange
    15/11- Exchanged
  • Moneybear
    Moneybear Posts: 218 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    edited 28 July 2021 at 9:24PM
    Options

I thought things were moving really smoothly with my application. All I am waiting for is the valuation report to be received and reviewed. Mortgage application was submitted Monday 19th. Valuation was carried out on Friday 23rd. The valuer has said they have sent the report back same day. 

The team that carried out my valuation will take 5 working days to pick up the valuation and to upload it. Then another 5 working days to review and assess?! That seems crazy and I'm at risk of losing the property. They won't take it off the market until the mortgage offer is approved  :s 

I've called the support line yesterday and was told it would be due back by close of business today. I called up today and I was told bluntly it would be Friday but if I was told today then she is sure it is today. She is only in a call centre and does not have anything else to say...

• JonMitchell
    JonMitchell Posts: 285 Forumite
    Options
    For folks who have applied via Nationwide - how many months of bank statements Nationwide asked of you? 3 or 6 months
  • Moneybear
    Moneybear Posts: 218 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    For folks who have applied via Nationwide - how many months of bank statements Nationwide asked of you? 3 or 6 months

I was asked for 3 months 
  • clare19811
    Options
    I was asked 3 months bank statements and only for the account my bills come out of.

24/6 - AIP approved
    6/7 - Valuation

24/9 Completed on sale
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills