IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

CSTLAW .... SCAM ALERT

Options

Comments

• LeiaOrgana
    Options
    beamerguy said:
    Ridiculously, I have now just received a letter from a completely different company (DCBL) for a Notice of Debt Recovery for the exact same ticket!
    UKPC are more desperate than we thought and is 100% proof that DCBL don't have a clue what their scammer clients are up to. 

This is becoming more like Donald Duck every day.

The older folk on here will remember a man who became famous for talking gibberish, that was Stanley Unwin.  Here is a clip that helps to explain what is going on now and the "rent by the hour" legal they send to court
    Just imagine the lady in the interview is the judge ??

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yFB_FS9rV0c&ab_channel=finlaysonification
    There’s no mention of CST or the extra £15 being claimed, and this new letter is dated 21 Jan (only 23 days later rather than at least 30), so this new letter has definitely not come via them. 
    So now I have 2 debt collectors attempting to stress me out. Lovely. 
    I’m awaiting a response from the property management company and ignoring everyone else for now.
  • beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    beamerguy said:
    Ridiculously, I have now just received a letter from a completely different company (DCBL) for a Notice of Debt Recovery for the exact same ticket!
    UKPC are more desperate than we thought and is 100% proof that DCBL don't have a clue what their scammer clients are up to. 

This is becoming more like Donald Duck every day.

The older folk on here will remember a man who became famous for talking gibberish, that was Stanley Unwin.  Here is a clip that helps to explain what is going on now and the "rent by the hour" legal they send to court
    Just imagine the lady in the interview is the judge ??

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yFB_FS9rV0c&ab_channel=finlaysonification
    There’s no mention of CST or the extra £15 being claimed, and this new letter is dated 21 Jan (only 23 days later rather than at least 30), so this new letter has definitely not come via them. 
    So now I have 2 debt collectors attempting to stress me out. Lovely. 
    I’m awaiting a response from the property management company and ignoring everyone else for now.
    They won't mention CST, this DCBL are a new wild bunch  It is clear that UKPC have dumped CST, probably CST were too slow in getting money for a very desperate company.

You cannot have two legals chasing you for the same debt. However in this industry anything can happen .... Donald Duck and Mickey mouse could do better 

UKPC used CST as a freebie debt collector and now they are using DCBL ???
    As I said in another thread UKPC are using and abusing DCBL and DCBL don't know about it.

This is without doubt a Humpty Dumpty moment for DCBL
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,564 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    I've said all along that I believe that CST (or maybe just their letterheads) are being used by DRP, not directly by UKPC. Of course UKPC aren't going to complain if it means them a bit of free debt crawling that could see some dividends coming their way. The fact that (to my knowledge) we haven't seen a CST/UKPC court claim materialise suggests I might not be too far off the mark. 

I'm not clear where DCBL come in the chain, but if it's DCB Limited (rather than Legal) then there's little difference from the CST letter chain. And it needs to be viewed in the light that, to date, UKPC's litigation poodles have been SCS Law. 

Times are tough and we shouldn't be surprised that more desperate and more unconventional begging methods are emerging. 
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • beamerguy
    Options
    Surely Clark of the BPA should be looking into the UKPC scammer who is ducking and diving between legals and harassing the motorist ?
    Clark must remember that the BPA tell us they are driving up standards. Have they told UKPC of this or is this just another case of the BPA/UKPC love affair reaching new heights of rubbish ?
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 133,075 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    OK, send a scan of it to the landowner/agent who is looking at getting this cancelled and ask if they are aware that their ex-clamper parking firm, who have twice been banned by the DVLA in recent years and admitted to falsifying evidence photos, are bombarding victims with aggressive letters now from more than one dubious robo-claim ambulance-chaser style 'law firm' and here is the latest.  Ask if this is what the landowner envisages as 'parking management' because it's not your idea of it.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Happy1966
    Options
    Just received this from cst law
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,991 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 20 May 2021 at 10:58PM
    Options
    You are not the first.
    See here...
    forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/comment/78345833/#Comment_78345833

The subsequent posts on that thread may help you too.
  • Curlyben
    Curlyben Posts: 127 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Hang on a cotton picking minute, who exactly are CST representing as they appear to be somewhat confused.
    Can't wait to see the claim form on that one....
    Signature Space for Rent

Don't be confused by the low post count on this account, I've been around many years.....
  • beamerguy
    Options
    Happy1966 said:
    Just received this from cst law
    CLIENT:  SMART PARKING asking to pay DRP ......???? What a load of rubbish

WHAT WE DO KNOW ABOUT CST LAW .... AKA CREDIT STLE
    1: THEY LIE THROUGH THEIR TEETH  ADDING FAKE UNLAWFUL AMOUNTS
    2: THEY ARE BEING INVESTIGATED BY THE SRA
    3: THEIR FAILURE TO UNDERSTAND THE RULING OF THE SUPREME COURT IS SHAMEFUL

Best to continue on the dedicated CST LAW thread

CST letters' forum group thread

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6166004/cst-letters-forum-group-thread/p1
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback