IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

CSTLAW .... SCAM ALERT

Options

Comments

• LeiaOrgana
    Options
    KeithP said:
    The first course of action is the same whichever country the person is in --- complain to the landowner to cancel it.  And most will, if you insist.

That's why the NEWBIES thread calls it PLAN A (in every case/every stage/every country).

I may add in to the CST letter that I am also communicating with the landowner, if I can find out who owns it. The thread about the car park said it was owned by a Glasgow based company called Savills, but that was posted 7yrs ago so many no longer be the case. 

As you haven't told us where your car park is then no-one can help with that, can they?

Perhaps you should start your own thread and start by telling us exactly where the car park is and ask if anyone can help you find the landholder?

Couldn't google or H.M. Land Registry help with that?
    I mentioned the Gallagher Park earlier.

Google leads me to third party property management companies with no landowner info, so I’ll take my chances writing to Savills.
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,509 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Savills are unlikely to own the land, their prime role is estate agency and management. 
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,729 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Yep, no-one said Savills OWN it.

We know they RUN a lot of retail parks.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • LeiaOrgana
    Options
    Update: Savills don’t run the Gallagher Park anymore, now a company called Cushman & Wakefield. They want a copy of the letter and have asked me to confirm my ticket purchase 
  • Coupon-mad
    Options
    That sounds positive and thanks for the update - it may well help others.
  • LeiaOrgana
    Options
    That sounds positive and thanks for the update - it may well help others.
    Yeah, except I didn’t have a ticket as I thought they only had to be displayed if staying longer than 2hrs
  • Coupon-mad
    edited 24 January 2021 at 7:21PM
    Options
    So you confirm it by telling them again what happened and giving them the PCN and thanking them in anticipation, telling them you are glad they are taking the complaint seriously but very few people keep proof of paying the ticket (which you can confirm that you certainly did).
  • LeiaOrgana
    Options
    So you confirm it by telling them again what happened and giving them the PCN and thanking them in anticipation, telling them you are glad they are taking the complaint seriously but very few people keep proof of paying the ticket (which you can confirm that you certainly did).
    Ok thanks, I’ve replied to Cushman and I think I’ll leave it there and give no response to CST Law or UKPC for the moment. 
  • LeiaOrgana
    Options
    Ridiculously, I have now just received a letter from a completely different company (DCBL) for a Notice of Debt Recovery for the exact same ticket!
  • beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    edited 27 January 2021 at 2:26PM
    Options
    Ridiculously, I have now just received a letter from a completely different company (DCBL) for a Notice of Debt Recovery for the exact same ticket!
    UKPC are more desperate than we thought and is 100% proof that DCBL don't have a clue what their scammer clients are up to. 

This is becoming more like Donald Duck every day.

The older folk on here will remember a man who became famous for talking gibberish, that was Stanley Unwin.  Here is a clip that helps to explain what is going on now and the "rent by the hour" legal they send to court
    Just imagine the lady in the interview is the judge ??

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yFB_FS9rV0c&ab_channel=finlaysonification
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure