IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

CSTLAW .... SCAM ALERT

Options

Comments

• beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    edited 19 January 2021 at 5:54PM
    Options
    Umkomaas said:
    Please read the CST Law group thread and follow advice there. Send UKPC the SAR, but not sure what you intend writing to CST, but if I was writing to them I'd be denying any debt to their client, but if they insist there is one, they should get on with issuing a case in the Sheriff Court without haste - they won't, but just show you're not frightened by their hysterical threats. 
    I have read it a few times, in that thread the opinion seems to be to send the letters regardless of location, so I think I will just go ahead and do that. I have the emails written and good to go (using the templates provided), I will just need to take a utility bill pic as I no longer have the car in question. 

Thank you for your help.

You see, this thread was started by me when CST came to light.
    Since then, there is the group thread for CST and it is favourable to use that thread so we can keep all the CST junk copy and paste letters in one place
    The interesting point is that CST do read the group thread because they changed from saying that DRP instructed them (total rubbish) to naming their client. 

But CST are still in scam mode with their fakery and are mug hunting.
    We have yet to see a court claim because their lack of knowledge and bad behaviour is a prime target for a judge to kick them out.

I think what has happened is that word got out that CST were doing freebies and the likes of UKPC wanting to save money right now said "we'll have some of this freebie stuff"
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,729 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    The first course of action is the same whichever country the person is in --- complain to the landowner to cancel it.  And most will, if you insist.

That's why the NEWBIES thread calls it PLAN A (in every case/every stage/every country).
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • LeiaOrgana
    Options
    Umkomaas said:
    I will just need to take a utility bill pic as I no longer have the car in question.
    I think you'll need two. Don't sent copies of driving licence or passport. 
    Yeah I saw that, thanks :) 
  • LeiaOrgana
    Options
    beamerguy said:
    Umkomaas said:
    Please read the CST Law group thread and follow advice there. Send UKPC the SAR, but not sure what you intend writing to CST, but if I was writing to them I'd be denying any debt to their client, but if they insist there is one, they should get on with issuing a case in the Sheriff Court without haste - they won't, but just show you're not frightened by their hysterical threats. 
    I have read it a few times, in that thread the opinion seems to be to send the letters regardless of location, so I think I will just go ahead and do that. I have the emails written and good to go (using the templates provided), I will just need to take a utility bill pic as I no longer have the car in question. 

Thank you for your help.

The interesting point is that CST do read the group thread because they changed from saying that DRP instructed them (total rubbish) to naming their client. 
    Oh really? I did wonder why DRP wasn’t mentioned on my letter but the CST website still links to them. 
  • beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    beamerguy said:
    Umkomaas said:

Thank you for your help.

Oh really? I did wonder why DRP wasn’t mentioned on my letter but the CST website still links to them. 
    Call it incest if you like, the fact is you are dealing with scammers who fart on each others laps
    CST are just stupid, they keep on proving that to us, day after day
  • LeiaOrgana
    Options
    The first course of action is the same whichever country the person is in --- complain to the landowner to cancel it.  And most will, if you insist.

That's why the NEWBIES thread calls it PLAN A (in every case/every stage/every country).
    Yes I read that too. However, we are 4 years after the fact - I cannot produce a receipt to prove I was in the store, the ‘client’ in question no longer operates the car park and as it is a retail park it is not owned by just one shop. Due to lockdown I cannot go into one of the stores and ask for the landowner details, and if I have to respond I only have until the 29th to do so. Therefore what I should have done 4yrs ago is no longer relevant. 

I may add in to the CST letter that I am also communicating with the landowner, if I can find out who owns it. The thread about the car park said it was owned by a Glasgow based company called Savills, but that was posted 7yrs ago so many no longer be the case. 
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,894 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options

I may add in to the CST letter that I am also communicating with the landowner, if I can find out who owns it. The thread about the car park said it was owned by a Glasgow based company called Savills, but that was posted 7yrs ago so many no longer be the case. 

As you haven't told us where your car park is then no-one can help with that, can they?

Perhaps you should start your own thread and start by telling us exactly where the car park is and ask if anyone can help you find the landholder?

Couldn't google or H.M. Land Registry help with that?
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,729 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 19 January 2021 at 11:43PM
    Options
    You can normally just Google the current name of any retail park and look for units for leasing, and the contact details for Savills are given, if Savills run it.  Send a speculative email and ask who can cancel these scam PCNs or is the parking firm out of control, and see what they say.  Savills cancel loads.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • nosferatu1001
    nosferatu1001 Posts: 12,961 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    That was a whole lot of why you cant do things, when what you can do - find out the landowner- you omitted. 
  • LeiaOrgana
    Options
    You can normally just Google the current name of any retail park and look for units for leasing, and the contact details for Savills are given, if Savills run it.  Send a speculative email and ask who can cancel these scam PCNs or is the parking firm out of control, and see what they say.  Savills cancel loads.
    There’s nothing to confirm that Savill’s still own the land but there is also nothing to say they don’t, so I’ll send an email to them too. 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback