IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

CSTLAW .... SCAM ALERT

Options

Comments

• KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,987 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 17 November 2020 at 7:58PM
    Options
    Latest letter wording for anyone who wants to challenge 

What challenge is that then?

The letter you have just shown appears to be almost identical to that shown us by @erayk55 earlier on this thread - in his/her post on 5 September at 1:26AM.
  • Were_Doomed
    Options
    And it's nothing new ... we've seen dozens of these irrelevant letters here. (DRP cannot instruct anyone to start court proceedings as DRP are not the party that is owed the alleged debt).
  • beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    It's just CST living in cloud cuckoo land that they stupidly think DRP can instruct them
    I thought all the scammers read this forum ?  Have CST not read this link

CST letters' forum group thread

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6166004/cst-letters-forum-group-thread/p1

I just wonder why their stupidity ruins all intelligence

Reference to the Mackie case is futile 
    Been instructed by circus clowns like DRP ..... that really is the joke of the century. Get a grip CST you really make yourselves look very very silly
  • LeiaOrgana
    Options
    I’m still confused as to whether I need to reply to CST or not.

I live in Scotland and the ticket was issued in Scotland 4 years ago at a car park run by UK Parking Control Ltd. The signage had been unclear (or I misunderstood) and I thought I only had to put a ticket on the car if I was staying more than 2 hours. I realise now that I should have went into the store straightaway and spoken to the manager about it but it didn’t occur at the time.

The CST Law letter says they are acting on behalf of UKPC so no third party involved, like a lot of people here. I went back to the car park last week to check signage and discovered it is now being run by a different company, Euro Parks.

I’ve typed out a SAR to UKPC and the response letter to CST Law but I really don’t know if I should send them or just continue to ignore them. Any help would be gratefully received.

• beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    It would best if you added yourself here

CST letters' forum group thread

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6166004/cst-letters-forum-group-thread/p1
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 133,061 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 19 January 2021 at 2:38PM
    Options
    We can't do this again and again and again on individual threads when all you need to do is read all this already fully covered in the Group thread.  Yes, including the position for people in Scotland. And yes, we are telling you to read all 30 pages of that Group thread.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • LeiaOrgana
    Options
    We can't do this again and again and again on individual threads when all you need to do is read all this already fully covered in the Group thread.  Yes, including the position for people in Scotland. And yes, we are telling you to read all 30 pages of that Group thread.
    Coupon, I HAVE read the threads - the CST Law one, the Newbies one, the Gallagher Park one etc quite a few times. I’ve been reading over the weekend quite a lot, so don’t presume that I am posting without bothering to read anything. Your tone is quite rude, whether you mean to be or not - as I’m already quite anxious over the matter taking an attitude with me doesn’t help and probably hasn’t helped the other people you’ve been short with. You don’t need to berate everyone who asks a question. 

I’ve posted because there are posts about Scotland, posts about CST Law and posts where some are saying always respond to an LBC and other posts saying ‘just ignore if you’re in Scotland’. So it isn’t as clear cut as you seem to think.

So if you can’t give me a simple yes or no to the question ‘should I send the letters?’ I’ll wait for someone who will be helpful.
  • LeiaOrgana
    Options
    Umkomaas said:
    Please read the CST Law group thread and follow advice there. Send UKPC the SAR, but not sure what you intend writing to CST, but if I was writing to them I'd be denying any debt to their client, but if they insist there is one, they should get on with issuing a case in the Sheriff Court without haste - they won't, but just show you're not frightened by their hysterical threats. 
    I have read it a few times, in that thread the opinion seems to be to send the letters regardless of location, so I think I will just go ahead and do that. I have the emails written and good to go (using the templates provided), I will just need to take a utility bill pic as I no longer have the car in question. 

Thank you for your help.

• Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,560 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    I will just need to take a utility bill pic as I no longer have the car in question.
    I think you'll need two. Don't sent copies of driving licence or passport. 
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure