Best Thing You’ve Discovered In Lockdown

Options

Comments

• bermudianmark
    Options
    I rediscovered films I watched and forgot, TV series that I enjoyed in my youth, books I meant to read but never did, I've tried to make some positive use out of the extra time. ( This forum being one example )
    Travel lover, family man and some other stuff..
  • julieelizabeth_2
    Options
    Netflix and walking
  • Claddagh_Noir
    Claddagh_Noir Posts: 212 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 10 January 2021 at 5:46PM
    Options
    I am lost in nostalgia, watching old TV series' from yesteryear!
    I have noticed in a few of these shows, how close / face-to-face the actors were to each other when talking and if they hugged or shook hands, also sharing drinks from the same vessel and cigarettes!  I have been mainly watching comedies and dramas where the actor would smoke in the workplace!  That is a thing of the past now! 
  • Supertryer
    Options
    Sad to say really although I’m sure others can agree. Savings!!!!
    I have literally gone from being in debt to being debt free and have savings 😳
    since March 2020 I have only gone out once a week spending and that’s on the food shop!
    I’ve not missed the random shops, the markets and the stupid shopping hauls I used to do randomly 🙈
    Lockdown has taught me I don’t need to spend, most importantly that I was overspending and buying things I didn’t need at all!!!!
    Savings - Emergency fund £600.17/5000
    Debt free January 2021! (Was savingmummy)
  • vixx_123
    Options
    Sad to say really although I’m sure others can agree. Savings!!!!
    I have literally gone from being in debt to being debt free and have savings 😳
    since March 2020 I have only gone out once a week spending and that’s on the food shop!
    I’ve not missed the random shops, the markets and the stupid shopping hauls I used to do randomly 🙈
    Lockdown has taught me I don’t need to spend, most importantly that I was overspending and buying things I didn’t need at all!!!!
    I have to agree! It's made me realise how much I was spending on going to work! Petrol, clothes, lunches..trips to the shops in lunchbreak...
  • Jenni_D
    Jenni_D Posts: 5,109 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    Best thing for me has been the commute to the office - used to be 35+ minutes, now is <10 seconds. :)

Jenni x
    Jenni x
  • bermudianmark
    Options
    Jenni_D said:
    Best thing for me has been the commute to the office - used to be 35+ minutes, now is <10 seconds. :)

Jenni x
    Interesting to see what proportion of workers return to their old office routine, my local council is planning to keep a proportion of all jobs home based.   It will certainly change peoples ideas about houses and town centres.

Travel lover, family man and some other stuff..
  • Jenni_D
    Jenni_D Posts: 5,109 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    I hear you. Whilst I miss the social aspect of being in the office I'm not really missing it all that much otherwise.
    Jenni x
  • CoastingHatbox
    Options
    Greatest things about lockdown:
    • Birds in the garden
    • No commuting
    Worst things about lockdown:
    • Expense. It is going to take approx 18 months fuel saving and WFH allowance to get return on investment for desk, new laptop and other equipment purchased to work comfortably from home
    • Work life balance
    A dream is not reality, but who's to say which is which?
  • Miseccles
    Options
    I discovered Needle Felting which then led me to start my own Etsy shop at the start of 2021!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback