IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Gladstone’s Solicitors / Local Car Park Management

Options

Comments

• beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    So sad that Gladstones have to beg and I bet they added a fake £60 to their claim ?
  • ImranU95
    ImranU95 Posts: 106 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    beamerguy said:
    So sad that Gladstones have to beg and I bet they added a fake £60 to their claim ?
    I simply ignore this letter?
  • Le_Kirk
    Le_Kirk Posts: 22,322 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    ImranU95 said:
    Just to be certain; this is not a LBC is it? 
    Also, if I ignore this letter and they send me an LBC, will I still have the option to pay?
    If it gives you 30 days and contains financial forms it is an LBC otherwise debt collectors rubbish.  Why would you want to pay?
  • ImranU95
    Options
    Le_Kirk said:
    ImranU95 said:
    Also, if I ignore this letter and they send me an LBC, will I still have the option to pay?
    If it gives you 30 days and contains financial forms it is an LBC otherwise debt collectors rubbish.  Why would you want to pay?
    Thanks! I was contemplating paying because I’ve never been in this predicament before and I don’t know what to do/expect should this go to court.. But I can’t justify paying these scammers £100 more than the original PCN
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,655 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    ImranU95 said:
    I don’t know what to do/expect should this go to court.
    You need to do more research.

Start by looking at this short video...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n93eoaxhzpU

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,788 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 17 July 2020 at 2:42PM
    Options
    ImranU95 said:

Oh for goodness sake, you won't be PAYING!  Sorry but the question astounds me!

That simply is not an option, why would anyone pay £160 to avoid the tiny 1% possibility of losing at a defended hearing (we win 99% of them) where they wouldn't be allowed £160?!

You don't seem to have read any other Gladstones thread...or the NEWBIES thread, or the template defence thread?
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • ImranU95
    Options
    I received an LBC today from Gladstone’s. I will send back a letter to them stating I deny the debt. I will also send the car parking company an SAR, asking for further details. Correct?
  • nosferatu1001
    nosferatu1001 Posts: 12,961 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    That's what's in the newbies thread, so yes. No need to confirm the newbies thread. 
  • ImranU95
    Options
    I received a response back regarding the SAR from the car parking company and they advised the following? Surely I can request an SAR from the company that issued me the PCN in the first place?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback