IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Gladstone’s Solicitors / Local Car Park Management

Options

Comments

• ImranU95
    ImranU95 Posts: 106 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 18 June 2020 at 10:53PM
    Options
    thanks guys, i’ll email over for an SAR to the PCN issuer as soon as poss
  • MothballsWallet
    MothballsWallet Posts: 15,852 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    ImranU95 said:
    Le_Kirk said:
    ImranU95 said:
    Umkomaas said:
    At the moment the Gladstones letter is just a debt collection chaser and can be safely ignored. Nothing for you to do with it at the moment. It's not to say that a court claim won't follow but this is not at that point.  The NEWBIES FAQ sticky, fourth post, covers debt collectors and how to deal with them.
    Have you been in contact with the landowner to see if they will help?
    I’m not sure who the landowner is.. i have parked in the same car park without a ticket previously and didn’t get a ticket. My point is that none of the other cars there had tickets either?
    Irrelevant I am afraid; they may have received a postal PCN of which you are unaware.  All you an do is deal with what is in front of you.  If the PDT was malfunctioning or U/S, then you can claim frustration of contract but beware the PPC will probably claim you should have parked elsewhere.  Was there another PDT?
    There wasn’t nope. There is only one im pretty sure
    Is there any way you can get your own evidence as to how many PDTs there are at this car park?

I was thinking you could use Google Street View, but it would depend on whether the camera car was able to get on site, they usually don't take photos on private land, so you may want to search this forum for the car park location to see if anyone else has been there, or get photos another way (you may have to make a return visit, avoiding a second PCN to do this).

You'll need to be more than "pretty sure" if they go further with this - you'll need your own evidence to show a judge if it gets to court stage.
  • ImranU95
    Options
    ImranU95 said:
    Le_Kirk said:
    ImranU95 said:
    Umkomaas said:
    At the moment the Gladstones letter is just a debt collection chaser and can be safely ignored. Nothing for you to do with it at the moment. It's not to say that a court claim won't follow but this is not at that point.  The NEWBIES FAQ sticky, fourth post, covers debt collectors and how to deal with them.
    Have you been in contact with the landowner to see if they will help?
    I’m not sure who the landowner is.. i have parked in the same car park without a ticket previously and didn’t get a ticket. My point is that none of the other cars there had tickets either?
    Irrelevant I am afraid; they may have received a postal PCN of which you are unaware.  All you an do is deal with what is in front of you.  If the PDT was malfunctioning or U/S, then you can claim frustration of contract but beware the PPC will probably claim you should have parked elsewhere.  Was there another PDT?
    There wasn’t nope. There is only one im pretty sure
    Is there any way you can get your own evidence as to how many PDTs there are at this car park?

I was thinking you could use Google Street View, but it would depend on whether the camera car was able to get on site, they usually don't take photos on private land, so you may want to search this forum for the car park location to see if anyone else has been there, or get photos another way (you may have to make a return visit, avoiding a second PCN to do this).

You'll need to be more than "pretty sure" if they go further with this - you'll need your own evidence to show a judge if it gets to court stage.
    Thanks! I had a look on street view but could not view anything.. looks like it’ll have to a trip down to the car park
  • toseyboy1
    Options
    i got letter from gladstones to pay a parking fine £ 165 i went into car park last Monday in Edinburgh new st  car park i was in their 5 min got a emergency phone call i jumped bk into my car drove to barrier  the barrier lifted and i drove out it never asked for a ticket to get out so how do i appeal this ticket they take photo you going in so they must take 1 of you going out
  • Le_Kirk
    Le_Kirk Posts: 22,322 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    edited 7 July 2020 at 3:14PM
    Options
    You need to read the NEWBIE sticky (particularly the bit about SCOTLAND) and then your need to start your own thread rather thread than hijacking someone else's.  Also edit your post to hide who was driving and when you create your own thread refer only to DRIVER and KEEPER who are separate people.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,780 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 7 July 2020 at 3:14PM
    Options
    Have you read 'NEWBIES PLEASE READ THESE FAQS FIRST' before posting?

This is not your thread so please delete your reply here and I will delete mine. 

You need to read the top pinned 'announcement' (notice/advice) threads, not post on other people's threads.  No link given.  My signature - the coloured words below every post I make here - tells you where they are and where to find the breadcrumb trail to hop there in 2 clicks (after deleting your post please).
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • ImranU95
    Options
    I’ve had a follow up letter from Gladstone’s. Can someone please advise as I have no idea what to do?

• Le_Kirk
    Le_Kirk Posts: 22,322 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    Begging letter - take no action - but keep it in a file ready to use when you claim costs for unreasonable behaviour.  All the advice you need is in the NEWBIE sticky, which of course you read as soon as you received this letter!
  • ImranU95
    Options
    Just to be certain; this is not a LBC is it? 

Also, if I ignore this letter and they send me an LBC, will I still have the option to pay?
  • MothballsWallet
    MothballsWallet Posts: 15,852 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Is that a debt collector letter from Gallstones?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback