🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Pay off £20,000 (ish) by Xmas 2008

Options

Comments

• kassytbag
    Options
    hi everybody, hope you are all having a good day:j

I have decided i am going to update my sig at the end of everymonth when i have had statements through showing the amount i have paid off plus the interest added back on - does that sound ok?? i dont want to put £250 paid off when in reality its only £200? is that what everyone else is doing?

thanks
    Pay off 20k by Xmas 2008/Paid so far £406.65/4822.04
  • Pollydaydream
    Options
    Hi everyone.

Tried to come on last night, but the pages kept timing out so I gave up in the end. Is it slow for everyone? I've just changed ISP (to try and save some money) but now I'm wondering if I've made a mistake.

How's everyone doing?

Kassy - I'm on a DMP so not paying any interest at the moment, but I'm going to update the CC debts after the monthly payments and the others as and when. I don't really know what to suggest about the interest, perhaps someone else will be along soon with an idea.

Have a good day, everyone.

Polly
  • hypno06
    hypno06 Posts: 32,296 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    The site was slow generally for the last couple of days, so I don't think it is your ISP. It seems to have speeded up a bit today though, so that is good.

As for the interest/update of payments etc, all mine is interest bearing, so I will only calculate the payment once I know it is net of interest, so that the true amount comes off the total debt.

When I first started on the DFW trail, I was forever taking money off the total, then having to add it back in 2 weeks later when interest was added - most demoralising!!

I just like updating my signature........it is frustrating when you have to wait for the "true" figure once you have made another payment!!
    Successful women can still have their feet on the ground. They just wear better shoes. (Maud Van de Venne)
    Life begins at the end of your comfort zone (Neale Donald Walsch)
  • penguin83
    penguin83 Posts: 4,817 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Im too impatient to wait for the interest to be added so i'll constantly be updating mine! I wanted to get off £0 so have put my payments on and will recalculate when the interest added. x
    Pay Debt by Xmas 16 - 0/12000
    There is something about the outside of a horse that is good for the inside of a man.
  • jpwhittle
    jpwhittle Posts: 1,509 Forumite
    Options
    its not your isp i couldnt get on at all yesterday. but then everything went wrong yesterday so shouldnt be suprised others got on and not me. a week ago my microwave blew up so i thought ok i can live without that iv got a cooker. then yesterday my cooker decided to pack in so couldnt cook a meal. had to have a chippy wich isnt good when iv got a weighin tonight. on top of that my dryer broke so got a load of wet clothes and couldnt fry them. luvkily husband improvised and managed to force it to work somehow till we can get a new one. as you can imagine i was very upset. just getting straaight and everything goes wrong on top of christmas.
    back to comping in 2017, fingers crossed :beer:
  • dreams_R_free
    Options
    jpwhittle wrote: »
    had to have a chippy wich isnt good when iv got a weighin tonight. on top of that my dryer broke so got a load of wet clothes and couldnt fry them.

I think you've got fried food on the brain jpwhittle:rotfl:.

I don't think one chippy meal will have set your weight-loss back too much. I hope it was good news anyway.

So sorry to hear what a bad time you've been having with your appliances. It never rains but it pours doesn't it ?(in more ways than one when you've got loads of wet washing to get dry;) ). There was a great quote in someone's sig somewhere, something like " things always break when you're broke". How true!

Sending you a hug
    Imp x
  • jpwhittle
    Options
    lol shows how stressed i am. that quopte is definatly true. just cant belive how things have gone. willl be improvised tea later as well im thinking a chicken from asda and some salady thing evn though its cold. need to go shopping anyway and its better than the chippy
  • Skeksis
    Skeksis Posts: 170 Forumite
    Options
    I'd like to join this challenge. I've got approx £14,000 to pay off, which I'd like to do by next Xmas. I've shredded all credit cards, so no safety nets, so it's just a case of upping income and cutting expenditure now!

I've made some headway this year, but the gloves are coming off in 2008!!
  • jpwhittle
    Options
    OMG iv got the best parents ever. they just rung up to say they are going to buy me a new dryer for christmas. just said go and buy it and let them know then they will sort it at christmaas. wow they are great. im so happy really cheered me up. RAF people coming to look at cooker tomorrow so just short of a microwave. be great if i could win one now. got alot of catching up on that though through not being able to get on yesterday
  • cherry_red_2
    Options
    Hurrah have kicked off my paying off 20k - re the interest Im going to change my signature as and when I pay something, though try and take account of the interest amount when I post it on here.....hopefully I want have to decrease the amount paid off too much when the credit card bill comes in!
    Pay off 20K by Xmas 2009:£1280.89 / £18,719.11
    Official DFW Nerd Club - Member no. 1006 - Proud to be dealing with my debts
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 11 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport