Pay off £20,000 (ish) by Xmas 2008

Options

Comments

• MissKJ
    MissKJ Posts: 780 Forumite
    Options
    Oh You Poor Thing, Horrible Gut Wrenching Feeling Isn't It?
    unsecured Debts at [strike]August 2007 £79,984[/strike] September £79,579 [STRIKE]Snowballing date July 2013[/STRIKE].

May 2009, £76,772 unsecured debts

DMP started Dec 2008, End date at start 2133!
  • MissKJ
    Options
    Lat post was for JPWhittle by the way.....
    unsecured Debts at [strike]August 2007 £79,984[/strike] September £79,579 [STRIKE]Snowballing date July 2013[/STRIKE].

• Gemmzie
    Gemmzie Posts: 14,876 Forumite
    Options
    I'm in for £10k if there's some others doing that amount?
    No longer using this account for new posts from 2013
  • jpwhittle
    jpwhittle Posts: 1,509 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    its horrible. im not even 20k in debt if you take out the mortgage but somehoe im the one with declined cards. the horrible thought is i cant afford christmas. iv never been like this before at all and i hate it. i feel im stuck as i took on husband and debts and then found cos we dropped a wage cos i moved and hes in the raf is now a never ending circle. didnt think this would be how life panned out.

hes on board for the challenge though so fingers crossed we can sort it this year.
    back to comping in 2017, fingers crossed :beer:
  • eegreen200188
    Options
    Count me in...

Total Debt as of the 2nd Dec 2007 is £20750 rounded up. And I am desperate to get rid of that as soon as I can.

Em

xxx
    £2500 to MUM, £790.63 to MINT C/C, £373.50 to RBS C/C, £885.69 on Halifax C/C, £951.17 on MBNA C/C, £284.98 to NatWest C/C, £500.00 to Capital One C/C, £100.00 to Abbey Overdraft, £200.00 to Nationwide Overdraft £14442.45 on NatWest Loan, £137,250 on mortgage.

Total Debt - £158,278.42 (£21,028.42 unsecured) :(
  • kassytbag
    Options
    Having the credit cards declined is gut wrenching, but it also struck me in the summer we went out with a big group of friends to powis castle for the day took a picnic etc everyone seemed so relaxed, chatting and having fun and i felt so on edge all day couldnt enjoy it felt like i was being twisted in knots - all because we didnt know if my husbands business mortgage would be approved because our finances have been so s**t over the last few years - i realized then i had to do something - but i still havent managed to save anything - this thread is going to pull me into line and get me started - im so determined - GOOD LUCK EVERYONE
    Pay off 20k by Xmas 2008/Paid so far £406.65/4822.04
  • FrankieM
    FrankieM Posts: 2,454 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Righto, 'normal payment has been put into savings account as well now, so I have a new total.....have updated sig...
  • MissKJ
    Options
    How awful, you are not alone though. you and your OH are in it together, even when apart. Some people hide their debt and carry the burden alone. Why don't you post up your outgoings, even if you have done this before, things can change and some one may be able to help. A resh pair of eyes ccan help. Have you been totally honest with your relatives to cut down unnecessary costs this year? i have found family to be understanding, even relieved when i have suggested "token" gifts. Just the kids costing me the earth now.

It sounds like you need to look at yor credit rating aswell. Although sometimes not a bad thing to be refused credit? Stops head in the sand mentality. If you get paid again before Xmas, now sound like a good time to sort out your budget if not already.

Best of luck with that ;)

jpwhittle wrote: »
    its horrible. im not even 20k in debt if you take out the mortgage but somehoe im the one with declined cards. the horrible thought is i cant afford christmas. iv never been like this before at all and i hate it. i feel im stuck as i took on husband and debts and then found cos we dropped a wage cos i moved and hes in the raf is now a never ending circle. didnt think this would be how life panned out.

hes on board for the challenge though so fingers crossed we can sort it this year.

• Pollydaydream
    Options
    Hi all and welcome to everyone who's just joined.

I keep reading what you're saying and thinking " I know what you mean". :)

Can't say I've had a good start moneywise, but I have finished a load of work (for full-time work) and done lots of little jobs I've been putting off, so hopefully I'll have more time for moneymaking/saving down the line.

I get paid early for January and I know I'm going to have to use some of that money to pay for Christmas, so I'm just working on making that money so I won't be short in January. I think it's going to be a while before I can update my sig to show any improvement.

This is the hardest part, because I'm really just making/saving money to live at the moment, but I am determined I will not be in the same position next year.

I am so going to have a fabulous Christmas and New Year next year, even if that just means I can sleep at night!

How's everyone else doing?

Polly

ps JP MissKJ is right - post a new SOA and I'm sure people will be able to help.
  • penguin83
    penguin83 Posts: 4,817 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hey, can I join please?

Im in for 15k or thereabouts by Dec 08 as I want to be sub 30k by the end of next year x x

Just so its on record my total debt as of today = £43782.64 (that way I can keep track of what I have paid off!)
    Pay Debt by Xmas 16 - 0/12000
    There is something about the outside of a horse that is good for the inside of a man.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure