• pippo
    pippo Posts: 3,891 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Oh Cosmo.. is Prince Charming not realy real??:confused:
    'nuff said..
    I have also faffed around for at least a year.. 2008
    has to be the one when I get sorted:j
    Current debt at 23,000 .. will post SOA onJan 2nd.. You see still putting it off!!
    Don't quite know how I'll do it but I'm IN!!!
    Keep thinking .. if I died tomorrow DH would be mortified at the size of my debt!!
    Pip Pip
  • RoxieW
    RoxieW Posts: 3,016 Forumite
    Options
    Hi all :T

gonna join in if i may - i'm doing a save £50,000 in 3 years challenge but anything else that keeps me motivated is a good thing!

may as well say i'm in for the £20,000 :eek: although my main aim is to stick to budget and hopefully save £700 a month. Then on top of that i'll be doing the £10 a day challenge, clicking, ebaying and hopefully AQA ing if they'll have me. also want to spend abit less time on this website and abit more time refocusing on my writing and trying to earn extra cash there - sacrilege I know!

will be good to see how everyones doing and spur each other on! good luck all :D
    MANAGED TO CLEAR A 3K OVERDRAFT IN ONE FRUGAL, SUPER CHARGED MONEY EARNING MONTH!:j
    £10 a day challenge Aug £408.50, Sept £90
    Weekly.
    155/200
    "It's not always rainbows and butterflies, It's compromise that moves us along."
  • RoxieW
    Options
    £24.50 on ebay which puts me well on my way with the £10 a day challenge £76.20/300. yey!
    MANAGED TO CLEAR A 3K OVERDRAFT IN ONE FRUGAL, SUPER CHARGED MONEY EARNING MONTH!:j
    Weekly.
    155/200
    "It's not always rainbows and butterflies, It's compromise that moves us along."
  • FrankieM
    FrankieM Posts: 2,454 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hey, so many people joining up, how great is that...?
    Hi everyone.....
    I have had some gapbuster money go into my account and I had some money 'left over' from last months pay so I'll put that in my total, just going to sort out my sig now.
    I'm not sure how much I'm going to pay off till I get home at the end of Jan, but then after that I'm hoping to get some sort of job, I think, just up until the summer holidays. Hopefully that will give me most of the extra I need, but our budget is going to be very tight. There isn't going to be any money for extras....*gulp*
  • shell37_2
    Options
    Hi all, just found your thread and it's the challenge I need to finally get my act together and hopefully become totally Debt Free!!

Will work out my (actual) debt and post it asap. Definitely want to clear the following as fast as poss as the interest is painful!
    Capital one - £900 (maxed out c/card)
    Argos Additions - guess approx £900 (not had bill yet, I'm ashamed)

OH's credit card - £4000 (never goes up or down as pay minimum then use card)
    OH loan for car - £2000 (approx)

Was in a much worse situation but took out Trust Deed 3 years ago (Scottish IVA) and only have 3 months to go unless creditors ask for them to extend it so they can get more money (Fingers crossed that wont happen)

Am proud to be dealing with my debts at last and find others in the same boat!
    shell37 xx
    Insanity is hereditary - you get it from your kids
  • RoxieW
    Options
    Hi Shell - well done for posting - no need to feel ashamed anymore - you're tackling your debts head on!

I'd recommend having a look at the £10 a day challenge thread - it has really motivated and inspired me to bring in extra cash in all sorts of ways.

Good luck!
    Weekly.
    155/200
  • lililou
    lililou Posts: 663 Forumite
    Options
    It's great to see so many of us here but how on earth did we get ourselves into this much debt? I am so determined not to go back after this is all cleared. I really like not using credit cards now when I'm shopping - it makes money saving so much easier. Hate it when it's tight towards the end of the month though!

So, Ive signed up for pigsback, and other cashback sites and am following eagerlearner's click sheet for £2 a day for a start. Just listed 5 things on ebay to end this time next week.
    Have decided to make £50 last the whole week for everything - groceries and petrol and 2 nights out - for family of 6! Am I too ambitious? Well, how else am I going to buy the rest of the Christmas prezzies and clear this debt?
    I'm attacking the Egg loan with all cashback money to see if I can bring end date forward to April. They make it so difficult to overpay on the loan.

Hope everyone had a nice weekend:)
    Here come the girls....100% Gorgeous!!!
  • MissKJ
    MissKJ Posts: 780 Forumite
    Options
    That's it, enough is enough. I am sooooo sick of our head in the sand mentality. I had my LBM :idea: in the summer, and I have not managed to stick to a budget or even know consistently what is in my accounts. I swore I wold get my DH in it with me, as he is terrible and doesn't seem to care what a mess we are in so long as there is food in the cupboard and petrol in the car!:mad:

At first I thought, £20,000 in a year??? WOW,but actually with what we would have paid off in our regular payments, how much more would I need to add :think:

I have maxed out my CC on Christmas stuff, so I may as well work out my post christmas damage this week, 'cos not much more to buy. I have no idea what I have spent. I hate new years resolutions, doomed to failure, so, best start now eh?

Count me IN. I need inspiration.
    unsecured Debts at [strike]August 2007 £79,984[/strike] September £79,579 [STRIKE]Snowballing date July 2013[/STRIKE].

May 2009, £76,772 unsecured debts

DMP started Dec 2008, End date at start 2133!
  • jpwhittle
    jpwhittle Posts: 1,509 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    i know what you mean but im at the embarrasing stage you walk into a shop and none of your cards work. i never wnat to be this embarrased again so really want it all gone this year
    back to comping in 2017, fingers crossed :beer:
  • janet6267
    Options
    This is a great idea, well done for suggesting it.
    I will join please.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport