Pay off £20,000 (ish) by Xmas 2008

Options

Comments

• candyblue
    candyblue Posts: 640 Forumite
    Options
    I too have also made my first payment since this has started of £330, £6 more than my minimum payment! Oh well its a start
    £23366/ £39206.92 DFD Nov 2016
  • howskint?
    Options
    Have just snowballed my debts and worked out that I need to pay 1047 a month to be debt free by Xmas 2008. EEK!!!

OH and I have had a good month for overtime this month and DS starts school after Xmas so that should reduce the nursery fees by half, so should be able to make a good start when we get paid just before Xmas. Getting frustrated cos I just want to get started now!
  • Mad_with_money
    Options
    Well I'm off too, made a grand initial payment of.......£10.52!! So just £19,989.48 to go then!!!

jpwhittle - we are in pretty much the same place making the same repayments etc. Great to know there are so many others doing the seemingly impossible!
  • Gemmzie
    Gemmzie Posts: 14,876 Forumite
    Options
    I need about £550 a month extra to hit £10k but to be honest, I'd be happy with £6k which would pay the DMP for a year and clear the debts with interest.
    No longer using this account for new posts from 2013
  • madmich666
    Options
    If its ok I would like to join you in the challenge. I know I cant pay off £20k but I will set myself a smaller target of £10k. Was thinking last week I want to get my debts under £20k by the end of next year and have worked out that I can clear at least 5 of my smaller debts by next xmas.
    DFW Nerd No: 758 :cool: Proud to be dealing with my debts!:T Proud mum to Bon-Scott my amazing 10/10/10 baby :p
  • RoxieW
    RoxieW Posts: 3,016 Forumite
    Options
    hi madmich!

looking at your sig, i hope you get the ppi back! we claimed back from lloyds a couple of years ago (before it became well known) as they'd sold employment insurance to my graduate boyf who didn't have a job d'uh! fist they tried to just give him half back but we perservered and got there in the end! good luck with the challenge!
    MANAGED TO CLEAR A 3K OVERDRAFT IN ONE FRUGAL, SUPER CHARGED MONEY EARNING MONTH!:j
    £10 a day challenge Aug £408.50, Sept £90
    Weekly.
    155/200
    "It's not always rainbows and butterflies, It's compromise that moves us along."
  • penguin83
    penguin83 Posts: 4,817 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Im off too!

Payment of 200.00 off my loan went today. Interest of about £100.00 gets added in about 2 weeks but for now its 200 quid! x
    Pay Debt by Xmas 16 - 0/12000
    There is something about the outside of a horse that is good for the inside of a man.
  • cherry_red_2
    Options
    What a challenge!!! Definitely count me in! I have about 20,000 to get rid of - would love to be debt free next xmas!

Will sort out my signature ASAP!
    Pay off 20K by Xmas 2009:£1280.89 / £18,719.11
    Official DFW Nerd Club - Member no. 1006 - Proud to be dealing with my debts
  • Pollydaydream
    Options
    Hi everyone.

I thought I wouldn't be able to make a start for a while, but I'd forgotten that my rent and council tax payments include some arrears I've counted in my total - so I've made a start - £120.:)

Actually, that's the last of my rent arrears paid, so I'll have an extra £100 per month from January.

It's too scary to think how much extra I need to bring in each month. I'm just going to keep plugging away for now and hope for a big competition win or something!

Have a good day everyone.

Pollly
  • hypno06
    hypno06 Posts: 32,296 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    The beginning of the month loan payment has come out, and I have earnt some extra money which I have paid straight off the outstanding debt, so I am pleased to amend my signature to show I have paid off over £600 :j

Keep up the good work, everyone! We will get there :T
    Successful women can still have their feet on the ground. They just wear better shoes. (Maud Van de Venne)
    Life begins at the end of your comfort zone (Neale Donald Walsch)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure