Pay off £20,000 (ish) by Xmas 2008

Options

Comments

• Buffythedebtslayer
    Options
    oh for goodness sake I posted this long post and had everything worked out and then it got lost cries.

summary

Polly day dream I could be you.

I am going to pay off 9737 pounds in 2008 to get my debt down to 10,000 pounds (bit rough work out with out interest)

basically as well as the 448 I pay I need to find 362 pound extra a month

ok I am here I am in.

good luck

xx
    Nevertheless she persisted.
  • taxi73
    taxi73 Posts: 20,815 Forumite
    Options
    Update..thanks to your thread I've put the challenge in my sig and started a new diary...will be an update tomorrow..good luck everybody
  • kassytbag
    Options
    Right, i've changed my sig which scared me to death seeing it all written down - but the embarrassment factor has kicked in now so i am even more determined to beat it - oh next christmas to have only £3k of debt left - no i really need help getting money making ideas will go off and check the boards
    have a good day everyone
    Pay off 20k by Xmas 2008/Paid so far £406.65/4822.04
  • jpwhittle
    jpwhittle Posts: 1,509 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    just worked out i should be able to make a payment of £9700. just through normal payments a bonus in summer and rent i will be getting from feb. so thats without trying. now to find another £10300. OMG thats alot. will post my plan later toi show how im going to do it.
    back to comping in 2017, fingers crossed :beer:
  • lucy7509
    lucy7509 Posts: 126 Forumite
    Options
    HI Everyone

Please include me in this, I need to update my signature to keep track of this!

I like others am now seeking any ideas on how to make the additional cash to succeed, nothing would make my Xmas :xmastree:more next year than to be sitting there knowing I was DEBT FREE, that is the best prezzy I could ever wish for.

Any suggestions welcome!
    I have never sold anything on Ebay. Little weary actually, as I had my other Ebay account, accessed by a third party and purchase £1000's in my name.
    DFW 199 - Debt FREE March2009
    Proud to be dealt with my debts!:D
  • FrankieM
    FrankieM Posts: 2,454 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Morning all, though its night time for me. We have been trying to sort out a trip to the Great Barrier Reef...think we are going to drive it cause its too expensive to drive...DH just said 'make it happen, thats what credit cards are for'!!! I'm sure its just cause hes had a few beers and is having a laugh....but still makes me want to punch him!
    Anyway, I'm gonna pretend he didn't say it and just stick to budget. If he can't manage now, hes going to die when we get back to England, considering how tight I intend to make the budget then...lol...!
  • dreams_R_free
    Options
    Just found your diary Polydaydream:j after seeing it mentioned on other people's. What a great challenge:T , and how well you express your ideas.

I'm still deciding whether to join in (I could faff for England:o ) but whatever I do I'll be reading avidly and cheering you all on. I beat myself up whenever I fail at anything(which is too often:o ) and am always scared to commit to a challenge which I worry I can't see through to the end.

Will have a think about it (aka waste more time when I could be debt-busting!)

Good Luck all
    Imp x
  • Mad_with_money
    Options
    Hi all, would love to join too, have just over £20 of debt, also live in La La Land with DH and am a serial faffer - do I qualify to join??!! Ok with our regular repayments we can definately knock off about £4000, so just an extra £16,000 to find - OH DEAR!!!:eek: Still not to be put off at the first hurdle I shall do my best and find inspiration in all you lovely people! Good luck everyone.
  • jpwhittle
    jpwhittle Posts: 1,509 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    ok so heres the plan to complete the challenge.
    in order to make £20,000 i need to pay of £1666.46 a month:eek:

i already pay of £321.18 a month leaving me to find another £1345.48.

So how do i complete this challenge? well so far iv worked out the following,

12 months of normal payments £321.18 x12=£3854.16
    july £2000 bonus Total £5854.16
    trying to make overpayments anyway of £20.00 on laptop 12x20=£240 total £6094.16
    form feb extra payments of £370.00 from rent takes total to £9794.16.

thats without even trying to find extra money. Then from there im going to try and find extra each month through daily clicks, slice the pie, survey sites,ebay, car boots, and matchbetting.

also hoping to move to cyprus in the summer and husbands job will pay us more for being out there so hopefully will have some extra to throw in from there.
    if this goes to plan it leaves a grand total of £10205.84 to make somehow. so still need an extra £850.48 a month :shocked: :shocked:
    back to comping in 2017, fingers crossed :beer:
  • taxi73
    taxi73 Posts: 20,815 Forumite
    Options
    I'm off...I've started with my first payment....loads more to go...I will not be defeated
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure