Options
    Gig1968 said:
    Dose the face to face assessment take that long
    Yes,1-2 hours.
  • Gig1968
    Gig1968 Posts: 311 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Blimey the two ESA face to face assessment s I have had only lasted 30 mins . They must have hated the sound of my voice or being running behind schedule.
  • Spoonie_Turtle
    Spoonie_Turtle Posts: 8,424 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Gig1968 said:
    Blimey the two ESA face to face assessment s I have had only lasted 30 mins . They must have hated the sound of my voice or being running behind schedule.
    My WCA was around 5-10 mins - being early in the morning before I could function ended up going in my favour, as it backed up the severity of illness that I'd described on my form :lol:
  • poppy12345
    poppy12345 Posts: 17,950 Forumite
    Options
    Assessment length of time varies wildly depending on how your conditions affect you, how much information you put on the form and how many extra questions they need to ask you. Even a face to face assessment could potentially last between 1-2 hours for some people.

My shortest assessment has been 10 minutes and my longest was 1 hour and 10 minutes.
  • Gig1968
    Options
    I can't go that long without coffeee
  • Gig1968
    Options
    So you waited from April 27 to get report or the decision letter? I'm so plaeased for you.... Well done
  • Gig1968
    Options
    Had mine Wednesday lasted 25 mins that's all wasn't sure whether that's good or not
  • poppy12345
    poppy12345 Posts: 17,950 Forumite
    Options
    Gig1968 said:
    Had mine Wednesday lasted 25 mins that's all wasn't sure whether that's good or not

The length of the assessment doesn't really mean anything. Ring DWP to request a copy of the assessment report, that will give you some idea what the decision is likely to be because they mostly go with the report.
  • Gig1968
    Options
    Rang last night said that hadn't received it yet and they would text me when it had been received and I asked if they could post me a copy
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback