5 months to emerge as a butterfly

edited 6 April 2020 at 9:50AM in Debt Free Diaries
610 replies 77.9K views

Replies

• benbenandmebenbenandme Forumite
    11.5K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Combo Breaker Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thankyou Blackcats, it is a really shocking way to treat someone isn't it, I know its him not me but it has made me feel so worthless. I really don't know what it is about him but I was besotted from the first time I met him, just has that magically something that got me hooked instantly. I know it will be hard to get him out of my head, he's been in it for a year, but I have no choice, I have to somehow do that. I did hide my home phone number and leave him a voicemail telling him what I thought of it, its such a cowardly childish way to treat someone. 
    Today I'm going to a friends for a bbq but the weather really isn't up to much again. I need to have things booked in to keep me busy and keep my mind occupied. 
    Mortgage Total: £62,273 / £75,000 Mortgage End Date: May 2040
    2021 Boiler Savin,gs: £2180 / £2856
  • BuffythedebtslayerBuffythedebtslayer Forumite
    17.7K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    He is horrible. 

You are lovely. 

He turned out not be what he presented himself as. 

You are still lovely. 

He is a !!!!!!. 

You are not. 

His massive loss. 

You have just got space now for something else good. 

Take care and keep busy XXXXX 
    Nevertheless she persisted.
  • efes_shareholderefes_shareholder Forumite
    1.3K Posts
    Ninth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭
    i think its a common occurance with men that use apps to get company or as they call it " hook ups"

Its called ghosting but its not nice and its not pleasant and it is exceptionally rude.

hes either met someone or basically has no further purpose for you , as hurtful as that is and very cowardly not to just do some straight talking.................dont be surprised if you are unblocked when he is down on his luck.

11.5K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you both, yep I think he has met someone else and I get that - our arrangement was purely fun and I knew he was on dating apps, as am I ... however, I really don't think it is asking much to expect him to have messaged and said he'd met someone, was seeing if it worked out so in the meantime we need to stop messaging/meeting. It just feels so low to be blocked with no warning. I don't think he will unblock me at any point as he will know how cowardly and rude he's been and he won't want to face that. 
    I get ghosting when you're just chatting or if you meet once and didn't feel it, but to have been chatting on and off for 12 months and have met up probably about 8 - 10 times it just seems incredibly rude. I wouldn't just block someone like that, its not like we had a row or anything. 
  • BuffythedebtslayerBuffythedebtslayer Forumite
    17.7K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You are right Benben, it is horrible. I am sorry, you deserve much better. 

XXX 
    Nevertheless she persisted.
  • badmemorybadmemory Forumite
    4.4K Posts
    Fifth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's just bad manners.
  • efes_shareholderefes_shareholder Forumite
    1.3K Posts
    Ninth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭
    its just cowardly and downright rude , I always hate how others can affect how we feel and make us feel this way
    11.5K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Morning all, first few days back at school are done, glad its the weekend again :)
    Last night I went out with a friend, quite a late night so feeling a bit lazy today. Not got much planned, I need to go into town and collect the car later but that's about it.

Currently catching up on the washing, cleaned the bathroom and will just generally mooch today I think :)
    11.5K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not sure where the last two weeks have gone?! I have checked my walking challenge and currently have 70 miles left to go, so hopefully within the next week it should be done :)

Today I have done the food shopping and am working through the usual housework before an afternoon of footie. Last night I went out with some workmates, only spent £10 and walked home instead of a cab (6 miles), saving another £20 :)

In other news this week I have entered the world of cryptocurrency! A guy at work has made rather a lot of money over the last few years doing this, in fact he and his wife have both taken much lower level jobs and both gone part-time at work. He has been explaining lots of it to me and helping me, I've only invested £100 for now while I find my feet with it but while interest rates are so low I may well put some more in over the following weeks.

Other than that everything else is plodding along - no postie vacancies of interest as yet, the only ones have been 6 month contracts which is no good for me. 
  • beanieloubeanielou Forumite
    77.4K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the postie jobs all start as 6 month contracts.
    Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/03/14.
    **Credit card debt free 30/06/10~**
    MFW. Finally mortgage free February 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.
    ***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    It starts with you, it starts from now. *** It is ok to be me.***
    ***Keep plodding***
    Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***