5 months to emerge as a butterfly

edited 6 April 2020 at 8:50AM in Debt Free Diaries
644 replies 83.9K views

Replies

• pixiechick99pixiechick99 Forumite
    3.7K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    I saw on fb that you had completed your challenge - how amazing! I am sooo impressed😃
    The new guy sounds lovely, you deserve a fab one😍
    I am on the covid recovery path now...my first day allowed out. I dont think I could face a day at work yet but a drive in the car to grab a coffee is the plan for later when hubby has finished work👍🏻(Check me out - hubby🤣)
    Enjoy your Saturday!

Ps Can I order some cards from you again soon?👍🏻
    I really need to sort out a new signature!
  • benbenandmebenbenandme Forumite
    11.5K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Combo Breaker Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You and your hubby were my inspiration to keep persisting with the online dating Pixie  :)
    Of course you can order some more cards - www.flamingopaperie.co.uk/web/joharding ... you're probably best to order directly online as deliveries are slower than normal at the moment due to staff absences in the warehouse (covid), otherwise you're welcome to let me know what you'd like and I'll add it to my next order but customer orders are prioritised over ours so it would take longer x
    I hope your Covid recovery path goes well, I'm just about back to normal now but the fatigue has been a killer for me :( 
    Mortgage Total: £62,273 / £75,000 Mortgage End Date: May 2040
    2021 Boiler Savin,gs: £2180 / £2856
    11.5K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So today has been a very lazy day, ds came home from work late last night not feeling well and spent most of the night being sick :( Today he is still in bed, has a very sore throat, temperature and aches.

I'm tired from the interrupted sleep so have taken it very easy today but its been quite nice too. I've pottered about, done a few bits and pieces indoors and a few bits and pieces online. I've finally cashed out at valued opinions and that is another survey site I'm binning off. Once I get to cash out I'm getting rid of most of them now as I get fed up of constantly screening out. The ones I'm keeping are prolific, pinecone, populuslive and yougov. The rest are going, they've been useful over the years but are too time consuming for minimal return these days.

I have also been looking at various money pots online and although my boiler fund is aiming for £2856 that was because originally I had £20k saved to repay my brother and £5k of my own savings. The £2856 was to bring both of those pots back to those totals. Having checked various savings accounts etc it seems I now actually only need £210 to get to that point  :) There are 3 more csa payments due this year and that should cover it exactly, so without counting my chickens, I think I've made it :)

I am going to jiggle bits around so that I can now start adding bits into my savings again without feeling I'm repaying if that makes sense, instead I'm just building up a bigger cushion as things are getting really quite tight now. We've managed another week without putting the heating on which I'm very pleased about, hoping to keep that going as long as possible. This weekend the weather has been lovely but I know it won't last. I was looking at hot water bottles on Amazon yesterday as I am determined not to pay astronomical energy bills if I can help it.

• DrawingalineDrawingaline Forumite
    2.4K Posts
    Fifth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Our heating has been on once, and that was me testing it out when I felt particularly cold a couple of weeks ago. I try to get to half term without a big coat or the heating on!!! Tbh it's been so warm up to now I haven't felt the need. Although I have dig out. Couple of cardis for the evenings.
    Debt free Feb 2021 🎉
    11.5K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Guess what ... yesterday I got a message from him saying he needed to be honest with me and he couldn't take things any further as he "is still getting to know himself again sober and is working on improving his mental health"   :s  :s I really do know how to pick them don't I ... I genuinely didn't see this coming at all, he seemed normal and decent finally, but once again I am wondering what I did wrong. I don't know if he's telling the truth or if it's a polite way is saying he wasn't interested in me. Either way it doesn't really matter, the outcome is the same.
    So I've decided to focus on me again, I've put on half a stone since I had covid so I'm going to make sure I'm doing my 20,000 steps a day and cut out the sugar again and get back to feeling good about myself. Hey ho, been round this roundabout enough times now to know what to do ...
  • Sun_AddictSun_Addict Forumite
    14.3K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m really sorry to hear this. He sounded quite promising, what a shame. Oh well onwards and upwards, time to make yourself a priority.
    Christmas Savings 2022 £/£600
    Emergency Fund £5650/£10,000
    December NSD: 0/10
  • efes_shareholderefes_shareholder Forumite
    1.4K Posts
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭
    Guess what ... yesterday I got a message from him saying he needed to be honest with me and he couldn't take things any further as he "is still getting to know himself again sober and is working on improving his mental health"   :s  :s I really do know how to pick them don't I ... I genuinely didn't see this coming at all, he seemed normal and decent finally, but once again I am wondering what I did wrong. I don't know if he's telling the truth or if it's a polite way is saying he wasn't interested in me. Either way it doesn't really matter, the outcome is the same.
    So I've decided to focus on me again, I've put on half a stone since I had covid so I'm going to make sure I'm doing my 20,000 steps a day and cut out the sugar again and get back to feeling good about myself. Hey ho, been round this roundabout enough times now to know what to do ...
    As disappointing as it is when rejection happens in any form , I’d count my blessings I’ve dodged getting too involved with someone who potentially has issues 

doesn’t always feel like it at the time but maybe just maybe you dodged a bullet 
  • BuffythedebtslayerBuffythedebtslayer Forumite
    17.8K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is disappointing. And hurtful. Honestly, I want a different roundabout. 

Sorry mate. take care of yourself ok XXX 
    Nevertheless she persisted.
  • EP456EP456 Forumite
    42 Posts
    Fifth Anniversary 10 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    I’m so sorry to hear this.  I know exactly how you feel as been down this road many times. Please believe that this is no reflection on you.  I read the book “He’s Just Not That Into You” and it totally changed my outlook and attitude to dating, and how I expected to be treated.  I met my now husband and we’ve been together 15 years.  Remember that any man would be lucky to have you xx
    11.5K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Morning, another week done ... this week I have done my 20,000 steps every day and have not eaten sugar. The scales haven't noticed yet but I am sleeping better already and feel better generally. This morning I did an early morning beach walk, I still have about 7,000 to do today but that won't be a problem. I've collected the dog from Mums, the housework is pretty much under control and today will be spent pottering, not spending money, watching football and then I have an old friend coming over to watch a film tonight. 

Not much else to report really, hopefully today I will find a few pennies here and there, maybe some surveys or something :)