5 months to emerge as a butterfly

edited 6 April 2020 at 8:50AM in Debt Free Diaries
693 replies 91K views

Replies

• DrawingalineDrawingaline Forumite
    2.4K Posts
    Fifth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well done on the mortgage. We have always done 5yr fixes, except this year when we moved when we did 2yr. It runs out next September. Typical 🙄
    Debt free Feb 2021 🎉
  • benbenandmebenbenandme Forumite
    11.6K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Combo Breaker Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks both, it may have been that if I'd waited til it ran out in March I might have got a better deal by shopping around, however for the peace of mind its worth it to me. Also I really don't think rates will be anything like they are now by March :( At least I know whats what for 5 more years, that's great to me :)
    Mortgage Total: £62,273 / £75,000 Mortgage End Date: May 2040
    2022 Extra £££ earned £5 Matched Betting profits £354.17
    11.6K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ds has gone to see the fireworks with his mate tonight so rather than putting the hearting on I've got into bed and am having a lazy evening with the laptop and a cup of tea :)

I had an email today from my energy supplier and they are reducing my direct debit  :o I was pretty shocked but very pleased as I have been really fighting not to put the heating on yet. The extra jumpers we've been wearing and the blankets on the sofa have definitely been worth it! 

This weekend I don't have a great deal planned, I might do some more cooking for the freezer as I have used some of the meals up, making space in there for the next batch. I want to do a decent walk tomorrow and I also need to do the food shopping. Other than that it will be the usual housework / football routine. I also need to return some shoes I bought.
  • edited 6 November 2021 at 10:11AM
    benbenandmebenbenandme Forumite
    11.6K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 6 November 2021 at 10:11AM
    Morning, food shopping has been done and put away. £53 this week but that included various non-food items too (toothpaste, toilet rolls, bubble bath, fabric conditioner etc). Ds is working from 12 today so will have the house to myself most of the day. 
    I'm just having my first coffee of the day and forming a plan in my head of what I need to do today. 
    The shoes can't be returned yet as I need to print off a returns label at work. I still have plenty of time to send them back so will sort that on Monday and send them back next week.
    Otherwise todays plan consists mainly of:

• Hoover through
    • Mop floors
    • Change beds
    • Washing basket battle
    • Clear dining-room table once and for all
    • Update monthly budget
    • Learn some more about crypto investing as I am doing it rather blindly
    • Try to make £10+ from somewhere
    • 5 x 1 minute planks
    • Find my fingerless gloves for work
    That's about it I think, nothing major, nothing very different from usual, but hopefully a nice chilled one with some footie thrown in along the way. 
    I have submitted a claim for 2 lots of pepperami snacks that were free from checkoutsmart today, ds will demolish them in minutes but at least they didn't cost me anything. I must get better at using shopmium and checkoutsmart again as there are some great offers on there.
    11.6K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I changed the beds yesterday and decided the time has come for the winter duvet. I have a 9.5 tog duvet most of the year but for the winter I can attach the summer duvet to it (4.5 tog), so last night I had a nice clean bed with my heavy double duvet on. I didn't wake up til 9.50 this morning as I was snug as a bug :)

Today is another fairly chilled one. I've cleaned the bathroom , thoroughly hoovered through, including and the light shades and in the window frames etc, that don't get done every week. The sun has been out all day and the windows are open, it's lovely :)

The washing basket is empty, the bedding has been ironed and put away, all the jobs on my list have been done excpet for the planks, the making £10 and the crypto stuff. I have made about £4 from prolific surveys so will keep trying with that one.

The rest of today will be spent mooching online and then a roast dinner later once ds is home from work.
  • edited 11 November 2021 at 7:58PM
    benbenandmebenbenandme Forumite
    11.6K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 11 November 2021 at 7:58PM
    And another week is nearly gone by ... this week has been quite calm at work which is nice. Ds is going to his grandparents tomorrow after work for the weekend, the first time he'll have seen them for about three years, so I have a very rare weekend totally to myself.

I'm out with work mates for a curry tomorrow night, my brother is down on Sunday, but other than that I don't yet have much planned. 

Today has been a really positive money day - someone used my Shopmium referral code so I have got £3 credit there, and I also got a free bet offer that has resulted in £33 profit for me tonight for less than 5 minutes work! Oh, and its been a nsd. Very happy with that :) 
    11.6K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Curry last night was lovely, then some drinks. Spent £35 altogether but was a good night.

So this morning I have done the weekly food shop, £53 but I get £3 of that back from Shopmium, and another £16 of it was my Nakd bars which were on offer (£2 instead of £3), so I stocked up on them.

I've blitzed ds' bedroom while he's away, it was filthy. He won't be happy that I've been in there but it was a health hazard so at least I know its clean for a little while again.

I've also done 4 lots of washing so far (bedding, towels and then clothes). Hopefully it will all dry today, then I'll do the last load tomorrow once its out the way.

The rest of today will be catching up on some more housework and some footie. Hopefully make a few pennies along the way too :) 
    11.6K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Morning all, had a great nights sleep last night, am up, showered and dressed. Washing machine is on, dishwasher is on, dry washing has been folded ready to go away, windows are open, coffee is made and I'm ready for the day ahead.
    My brother is coming down today, I'll see him later for a walk along the beach, other than that I need to find my mojo again walking / eating wise. For the last two weeks I haven't eaten any sugar, however I also haven't lost any weight. I'm putting this down to me eating too much and sitting on my bum too much, I haven't done much walking at all recently. So this morning I'm going to log into MFP and see what my calorie expenditure was when I was doing 20,000 steps a day and start a plan to shift a bit again.

Other than that I am fairly up to date with stuff. I need to remake ds bed with the clean bedding before he gets back, mop the floors (kitchen, conservatory and bathroom). I seem to have developed yet another head cold. That will be the third weekend in a row my nose has been like a tap :( I feel fine, I just can't stop sneezing. Today is lft test day for work so I'll get that done too.
  • Fingers crossed 🤞 for the LFT test. I do them twice a week for work too, and every time there is a little bit of uneasiness before the result, as I do sneeze a lot, have done for many years. 
    LBM: August 2006 - £12,568.49 ——  DFD: 12 March 2012
    MFD: 30 March 2019
     »The road to DF is long and bumpy » Greensaints 
    11.6K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lft test was fine, been for a nice walk along the beach with brother and his wife, blown the cobwebs away. I've now got a thumping headache so am going to have a nice hour or two on the sofa chilling.