Barclay's bank has placed false loan accounts in place of originals, paid commission and 20% tax

Options
1121314151618»

Comments

• finalfantasist
    finalfantasist Posts: 161 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper
    edited 28 January 2021 at 9:27AM
    Options
    ph55 said:
    So barclays saying  that is a payment reference number is true,  but not the full truth as it is a payment reference/ account number,  I'm saying this for people who never knew this ( like me)  but we all know that all reference number entries  related to whatever it is,  TV licence, car insurance, home insurance, credit card,  LOAN ACCOUNT NUMBER 
    Well no, clearly not all of them do that.  It's very possible (and definitely is the case) that a reference number is not unique and needs to be tied to something else (like an account number).

Then again, none of this actually happened so I'm not sure why I'm arguing over it.
  • ph55
    ph55 Posts: 97 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Update 
    Just going through statements, it looks to me, back in 2006 they updated payment  information on statement.
    Old  practice was
    PAYMENT TO BLOAN 
    4567556777  ACCOUNT UNDERNEATH 
    NOW IT IS 
    1105B THEN ACCOUNT NUMBER 
    11th day of  5th month B must mean barclayloan then ACCOUNT number ie
    1105B4567556777 
    And they say this is a payment reference number and no way related to account number????? Well will see how that goes, will update when this goes any further.
  • noitsnotme
    noitsnotme Posts: 909 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    edited 29 January 2021 at 1:46AM
    Options
    Barclays loan account numbers are 8 digits long.  Not 10 digits or more as in your example above.
  • ph55
    Options
    Example,  just punched numbers,  anyway will be off for a while, be back to update when further along with this, cheers for comments all keep well 👍 
  • noitsnotme
    Options
    Your example is as made up as this whole story.

Seek help.
  • Hasbeen
    Hasbeen Posts: 4,404 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Had a glimpse through the thread.

Very entertaining! 

Looking forward to next continual update!
    The world is not ruined by the wickedness of the wicked, but by the weakness of the good. Napoleon
  • ph55
    Options
    This case is still going,  as this forum is open to anybody, I will leave comments till complete, I will say that the bank will change and add account numbers  to avoid payment of PPI.  THAT IS A FACT 
    I had one of my loans just upheld under the wrong account details, as I kept asking for the full account number (as they only produce last four digits) and instead of providing full account number they just paid  me PPI from that loan, this closes case with ombudsman as its been upheld, (regardless of the account number being wrong).  I'm now dealing with last loan.    
    Keep well everyone 
  • sparklep0ny
    sparklep0ny Posts: 221 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    ph55 said:
    This case is still going,  as this forum is open to anybody, I will leave comments till complete, I will say that the bank will change and add account numbers  to avoid payment of PPI.  THAT IS A FACT 
    I had one of my loans just upheld under the wrong account details, as I kept asking for the full account number (as they only produce last four digits) and instead of providing full account number they just paid  me PPI from that loan, this closes case with ombudsman as its been upheld, (regardless of the account number being wrong).  I'm now dealing with last loan.    
    Keep well everyone 
    No, it's not.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport