Barclay's bank has placed false loan accounts in place of originals, paid commission and 20% tax

Options

Comments

• ph55 said:
    To updste,   the bank said I was too late for the complaint, using 6year/3year rule,  as back in 2015 they said a letter was sent regarding ppi,   I have got through that,  as in 2010  while online banking,    I was given the option of preferred mode of contact,  I choose paperless,  email/text, as mail was going missing in block i was living in,  this is still in force today,   yet they sent letter  and no other form to tell me,  due to that,   the bank lost that argument,   will update when I know more.
    Keep well all 
    Paperless is just for things like statements, they still send you physical mail for important things like the time bar or an update ot terms and conditions. I went paperless years ago for all my cards and still get update letters periodically, same with my investment account - I even asked them to stop sending me stuff as I was getting 8 letters every time I change the direct debit for the annual contribution increase and they couldn't . You probably got lucky in that sense as the bank having proof they sent you a letter is enough to start the time bar, perhaps the problems with the post going missing forced them to look at it.
  • ph55
    ph55 Posts: 97 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    The bank said they had sent the letter, and i don't recollect getting the letter,  but i thanked bank for sending it, but also said,  I requested email/text message, preferred mode of contact as they offered the option,  but it was not my fault if the bank did not make any effort to contact me any other way,  and the point now is that the adjudicator dealing with my complaint,  agreed and is proceeding with taking on my complaint against  the bank
  • ph55 said:
    The bank said they had sent the letter, and i don't recollect getting the letter,  but i thanked bank for sending it, but also said,  I requested email/text message, preferred mode of contact as they offered the option,  but it was not my fault if the bank did not make any effort to contact me any other way,  and the point now is that the adjudicator dealing with my complaint,  agreed and is proceeding with taking on my complaint against  the bank
    The point is, they are not allowed to send you stuff like a PPI time bar letter by text or email, it needs to be mailed to you - hence why it seems you got lucky due to mail going missing. If they could prove they sent it, that is usually enough to trigger the time bar
  • ph55
    Options
    Yes you are right,   the adjudicator said  they sent it only way they could, but that is not my fault, so they are going ahead with my complaint 
  • ph55
    Options
    I see that John macfarlane (chairman of Barclay's)  has made a comment that  a large portion of people have put bogus claims for ppi,   as he knows what  fraud  is,   it shouldn't take long for him to see,  false accounts mis use of plevin rule, also tax avoidance within his own bank 
  • ph55
    Options
    As this unfolds i keep other things wrong,   can anyone help with this question,   I have had commission paid to me on a false account,  the bogus account is dated  2006, is it true that real or false  account, would i get plevin commission payment  before 2008 ?
  • societys_child
    Options
    Yawwwn . .
  • John_
    John_ Posts: 925 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    ph55 said:
    Yes you are right,   the adjudicator said  they sent it only way they could, but that is not my fault, so they are going ahead with my complaint 
    It’s not their fault either and it’s no grounds for a complaint.

You’ve veered off into pure fantasy at this point, either because you honestly believe this, or in preparation for your triumphant and unbelievable claim that you’ve suddenly won.

Just be careful, a recent one of these miraculous cases accidentally claimed to have received the cheque in the post on a Sunday.
  • ph55
    Options
    Thanks for comments,  as this complaint is ongoing and adjudicator is now looking into the complaint, I will update here when I know more,  and hopefully the outcome will be good 👍 
  • ph55
    Options
    At last,  within one  week of ombudsman looking into the accounts, 
    The barclays is going to make a offer of compensation,  the game is finally finished,  false accounts, tax avoidance
    Out in the open,  as I said earlier in my comments, I hope it all comes out for all to see,  FCA, INLAND REVENUE know,   and I've put on here. 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback