Barclay's bank has placed false loan accounts in place of originals, paid commission and 20% tax

Options

Comments

• ph55
    ph55 Posts: 97 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Update
    My complaint was closed 21/01/21 due to bank uphold of one of the three loans I know nothing about,  what a mistake,  they used same  account number that they closed me down with final response letter back in nov 2019,  this is where it all began,  but back 2019  Barclay's said no ppi on that number and two letters off them to confirm this,  anyway  my case open again today after my email with attachments.   This won't take long now,  will update when I know more 
  • Dazed_and_C0nfused
    Options
    Looking back through this thread (I know, I need professional help 😧) it was amusing to see this comment from May 2020.

Oh dear . . .
     . . they found no ppi last time.
    what will they find this time . . ?
    maybe a vaccine for coronavirus.

Who'd have thought we'd have not only got a vaccine but administered 6 million doses before this reached a conclusion 🙄
  • ph55
    Options
    As I said earlier, this is all about bank placement of false accounts in attempt to cover my original large loan, and I have been trying to prove them wrong.
    And I will as I have all paperwork to confirm my accounts 

• dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,597 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 27 January 2021 at 1:50PM
    Options
    And please do post the DRN when you have it so we can read the public domain information on this complaint.    It won't identify you but it will detail what happened and the outcome.   We will find it soon enough but it will be a little easier if you tell us.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • finalfantasist
    Options
    Looking back through this thread (I know, I need professional help 😧) it was amusing to see this comment from May 2020.

Oh dear . . .
     . . they found no ppi last time.
    what will they find this time . . ?
    maybe a vaccine for coronavirus.

Who'd have thought we'd have not only got a vaccine but administered 6 million doses before this reached a conclusion 🙄
    I suspect we'll reach the heat death of the universe before this thread dies.
  • cattie
    cattie Posts: 8,841 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 27 January 2021 at 2:37PM
    Options
    I came new to this thread only today & as a long term Barclays customer I think you deserve to be awarded something for the entertainment I've had reading through all posts concerning your claim from the very start. Keep well. :)
    The bigger the bargain, the better I feel.

I should mention that there's only one of me, don't confuse me with others of the same name.
  • ph55
    Options
    Thanks for comments and keep well all
  • ph55
    Options
    Update
    I presented my account numbers for the two loans I have left to check, barclays  have said they are payment reference numbers, they are but part of that long number is account number,  I then produced a loan agreement for another loan and matched it to the loan in my statement,  that confirmed that payment/account number does relate directly to loan agreement,  as they have continued to say the accounts are real and paid me twice off them (Thanks barclays) when my accounts are accepted as real loan accounts,  then barclays can place there accounts before 2005 (as I have no paperwork before then)  as they don't belong in same place as mine.  
    Will update when I get response 
  • ph55
    Options
    I think barclays should provide full information,  ie  full reference/ account as it appears on customer statement, but they only give last four numbers of any accounts,  statement version is confusing as it contains a letter  within 
    Reference number 
    This is why  a very large amount of customers will have lost out as not enough paperwork,  as I had to prove that number is directly related to a loan account,  just a statement had got me nowhere 
  • ph55
    Options
    So barclays saying  that is a payment reference number is true,  but not the full truth as it is a payment reference/ account number,  I'm saying this for people who never knew this ( like me)  but we all know that all reference number entries  related to whatever it is,  TV licence, car insurance, home insurance, credit card,  LOAN ACCOUNT NUMBER 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback