Barclay's bank has placed false loan accounts in place of originals, paid commission and 20% tax

Options

Comments

• SpiderLegs
    Options
    I was actually just wondering if there was an update on this. Have you had a response from the lender yet?
  • ph55
    ph55 Posts: 97 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    This is in the final stages, a decision was made by a adjudicator and was rejected by the bank, so it is back with ombudsman for decision, see if he agrees with adjudicator.  So is nearly at end 
  • ph55
    Options
    I have sent off R40 to taxman 2019/2020  this includes false loan accounts and tax deducted from them,  this will now involve inland revenue to the party 🥳   if they don't  investigate this I will be shocked 
  • brettcta
    brettcta Posts: 4,693 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Just to get this right, you’ve knowingly submitted false accounts to HMRC?
    helpful tips
    it's spelt d-e-f-i-n-i-t-e-l-y
    there - 'in or at that place'
    their - 'owned by them'
    they're - 'they are'
    it's bought not brought (i just bought my chicken a suit from that new shop for £6.34)
  • ph55
    Options
    Yes with paper work asking how to proceed as this is banks accounts not mine
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 35,242 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    edited 22 September 2020 at 3:31PM
    Options
    They'll tell you not to submit other people's accounts with your tax returns.

This thread appears to heading directly for Crazyville with ever increasing speed.
  • ph55
    Options
    Prior to sending R40 in  i did phone HMRC  and they said send in completed form and they will get back to me if they need to.
  • ph55
    Options
    To updste,   the bank said I was too late for the complaint, using 6year/3year rule,  as back in 2015 they said a letter was sent regarding ppi,   I have got through that,  as in 2010  while online banking,    I was given the option of preferred mode of contact,  I choose paperless,  email/text, as mail was going missing in block i was living in,  this is still in force today,   yet they sent letter  and no other form to tell me,  due to that,   the bank lost that argument,   will update when I know more.
    Keep well all 
  • John_
    John_ Posts: 925 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    ph55 said:
    Hi out there, just to update anyone following this thread,  I have had a lot of loans over the years, going back to the 90's,  and like a lot of people you think the would do things right,  I have had some complaints upheld, and paid one 3rd of the true amount, I have had commission paid instead of what should have been a large ppi payment, now after three attempts to close this complaint, it now looks like the bank is going over all my loan accounts again,  having all paperwork makes a big difference, the bank will all the can to avoid paying the true amounts, there illegal procedures (Because they thought I had no statements) has backfired.   
    It sounds as though you may need some help getting your finances in order if you have been taking out many large loans over several decades.

Do you have a professional such as a support worker to whom you can talk?
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    ph55 said:
    To updste,   the bank said I was too late for the complaint, using 6year/3year rule,  as back in 2015 they said a letter was sent regarding ppi,   I have got through that,  as in 2010  while online banking,    I was given the option of preferred mode of contact,  I choose paperless,  email/text, as mail was going missing in block i was living in,  this is still in force today,   yet they sent letter  and no other form to tell me,  due to that,   the bank lost that argument,   will update when I know more.
    Keep well all 
    Ding ding! Crazyville town centre, everybody off please!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback