🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Barclay's bank has placed false loan accounts in place of originals, paid commission and 20% tax

Options

Comments

• ph55
    ph55 Posts: 97 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I feel that my bank has been advised not to respond to me,   the case still goes on, looking to me that the plevin rule has been used to the advantage of the bank,  it is likely if you have no paperwork for older complaints, you will receive nothing  or commission.
    £100 commission instead of £1000 ppi,  That is the great for the bank (Get the champagne out)   if only all fraud was as easy to spot  🤫
  • brettcta
    brettcta Posts: 4,693 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Ok........
    helpful tips
    it's spelt d-e-f-i-n-i-t-e-l-y
    there - 'in or at that place'
    their - 'owned by them'
    they're - 'they are'
    it's bought not brought (i just bought my chicken a suit from that new shop for £6.34)
  • societys_child
    societys_child Posts: 7,110 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    ph55 said:
    "I feel that my bank has been advised not to respond to me"

Advised by whom?
  • -taff
    -taff Posts: 14,620 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    If you have escalated your complaint to the FOS they have no reason to respond to you. They only have to respond to any queries from the FOS.
    Shampoo? No thanks, I'll have real poo...
  • ph55
    Options
    The FCA   I know can't update me on outcome,   but at the moment between them and ombudsman everything still ongoing, also  the unfortunate situation we are all in with covid, that will hold it up 
  • ph55
    Options
    I'm hearing things on news about financial companies, money doesn't exist,  sounds a bit like what's happening with my Barclay's loan accounts that don't exist   🤔
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 35,242 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    We're all in the Matrix...
  • ph55
    Options
    The case continues, no quick fix here, the bank  has tried 3 times to close this case, and 3 times I've opened it up again, they have obviously used the pleven rule to there full advantage, the banks biggest problem is knowing what evidence you have of your financial history,  for them to put false accounts in the right places automatically says they do have my true financial history in front of them,  so anyone who has been paid pleven commission (wrongfully) may get what they should have got in the first place,  a FCA   fine and bank told to use there own documentation  to  pay  everyone that put claims in before 29/08/19.  Fingers crossed 🤞 
    IF ONLY ALL FRAUD WAS SO EASY TO SPOT 
  • LABMAN
    LABMAN Posts: 1,659 Forumite
    Options
    ....jackanory, jackanory, jackanory.
  • societys_child
    societys_child Posts: 7,110 Forumite
    Options
    I gave up on this tread a long time ago.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 11 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure