Barclay's bank has placed false loan accounts in place of originals, paid commission and 20% tax

Options

Comments

• ph55
    ph55 Posts: 97 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Thanks for your comments and keep well 
  • ph55
    Options
    Latest update, bank now says, the false account they  paid me commission and took tax from,  they have found no ppl on it, and that account has been closed,  so still no admission to the fact it is a false account, and still putting it over that I have presented the account to be processed for ppi,  anyway still waiting for the outcome. 
  • kaMelo
    kaMelo Posts: 2,410 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    edited 17 August 2020 at 12:00PM
    Options
    On the 13th May you said;
    ph55 said:
    Just got the most important letter of all off my bank,  I've won my case. A big thank you to  Martin Lewis and the MSE  Team for all the help and advice 😀

Then on the 15th May you said:
    ph55 said:
    As I said my original loan now Acknowledged, and will be checked for ppi, so  yay 😀
    Then today you've said;
    ph55 said:
    Latest update, bank now says, the false account they  paid me commission and took tax from,  they have found no ppl on it, and that account has been closed,  so still no admission to the fact it is a false account, and still putting it over that I have presented the account to be processed for ppi,  anyway still waiting for the outcome. 

Just for clarity, which there seems to be a lack of throughout this whole thread.

What case did you win?
    What complaint reason are you still awaiting an outcome for?
    What help exactly did Martin Lewis and the MSE team give you?

• ph55
    Options
    First of all,  I've won this case just waiting for bank to realise that, they are trying to get out of a bad situation, if they confirm the 3 loans as false, its fraud, and i do thank Martin and the team for putting me and a lot more people on to ppi scandal  so again thanks,   and forum  is great place to let people know what goes on, also helps people in same position, i will keep this thread going till its done. Thanks for comments, and all keep well 
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 35,242 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Congrats. How much did you win?
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,597 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
     i will keep this thread going till its done.

We look forward to it.

I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • ph55
    Options
    Hi out there, just to update anyone following this thread,  I have had a lot of loans over the years, going back to the 90's,  and like a lot of people you think the would do things right,  I have had some complaints upheld, and paid one 3rd of the true amount, I have had commission paid instead of what should have been a large ppi payment, now after three attempts to close this complaint, it now looks like the bank is going over all my loan accounts again,  having all paperwork makes a big difference, the bank will all the can to avoid paying the true amounts, there illegal procedures (Because they thought I had no statements) has backfired.   
  • brettcta
    brettcta Posts: 4,693 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    No one’s following this thread and they haven’t acted illegally. If you think they have, take them to court and prove it.
    helpful tips
    it's spelt d-e-f-i-n-i-t-e-l-y
    there - 'in or at that place'
    their - 'owned by them'
    they're - 'they are'
    it's bought not brought (i just bought my chicken a suit from that new shop for £6.34)
  • ph55
    Options
    I don't think the plevin rule, is something the bank can use to there advantage,  instead of paying ppi,  also  i think removing a account from existing and replaced with a false account is illegal,   and my complaint is in the hands of ombudsman,  at moment not with the courts. As I say the bank is now looking into all my loan accounts  again.  Hopefully legal way 
    Thanks for comment, keep well all 
  • ph55
    Options
    The news at the moment seems to showing banks for what they are, what a surprise,  so my current complaint would be seen as peanuts in  comparison, but I'm thinking no one special, I'm thinking a lot more people have had fraud committed against them  by the bank, but they unable to do anything as the bank hold the advantage if you have no paperwork, bank will always say, we cannot find them accounts,  that sounds  familiar, anyway cheers for reading, and I hope to see the ppi scandal within the ppi scandal  to burst into the news ASAP 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback