We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

TUI refunds thread

Options

Comments

• SevenOfNine
    SevenOfNine Posts: 2,362 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Fair enough. The overall point about why giving travel companies more money than you need to still stands. Its also the reason why I only had to chase TUI for £400 a couple of months ago rather than £4000.

Had people only paid bare minimums to travel companies it would have resulted in far less stressful posts on here, thats for sure.
    Full payment must be made by a final due date determined by the operator (TUI). For our first holiday that was 26 January, the holiday was cancelled by TUI some 9 weeks later on 8 April.

For our second holiday full payment date was 16 June, holiday cancelled by TUI nearly 4 weeks later on 11 July.

If you had paid nothing more than the deposit, with the balance still outstanding, I imagine you had an awful lot of notice of cancellation seeing as you had clearly not yet even reached your final payment date.  Both times my full & final payment dates had already passed before cancellation, made no difference how I paid.

Seen it all, done it all, can't remember most of it.
  • bradders1983
    bradders1983 Posts: 5,684 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Yes my balance payment was due the week after it was cancelled, it was a cruise.
  • SetantaSuck
    Options
    Is anyone else finding the refund request form is not working.  When you click on submit nothing happens.
  • bobblebob
    bobblebob Posts: 1,036 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    So the person i booked with instore contacted me to say they can refund the payments back onto the cards used to pay off the holiday (both me and my friend split the cost 50/50). Im guessing that means they wont need to contact me for any information, as their systems will have my details. Whats the current timeframe for refunds using this method?
  • Laurence_Harvey
    Options
    bobblebob said:
    So the person i booked with instore contacted me to say they can refund the payments back onto the cards used to pay off the holiday (both me and my friend split the cost 50/50). Im guessing that means they wont need to contact me for any information, as their systems will have my details. Whats the current timeframe for refunds using this method?
    Good question. :smile:

As it stands all I have from TUI are my cancellation details,...no indication of how/when/if I’ll actually get a refund.

TUI say that they can be contacted by the email address provided and/or help-desk telephone. However, they failed to provide said email address and their refund help-desks telephone numbers are closed indefinitely,...and have been for some considerable time. I have no way to contact them.

I’m fed up with TUI’s deliberately vague, obtuse and evasive tactics so I’ve just put a claim in to my Credit Card company.

If TUI do go insolvent, which is not beyond the realms of possibility,  at least I’ve got my credit-card ‘section 75’ claim in early.

• SevenOfNine
    SevenOfNine Posts: 2,362 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    bobblebob said:

As it stands all I have from TUI are my cancellation details,...no indication of how/when/if I’ll actually get a refund.

TUI say that they can be contacted by the email address provided and/or help-desk telephone. However, they failed to provide said email address and their refund help-desks telephone numbers are closed indefinitely,...and have been for some considerable time. I have no way to contact them.

I’m fed up with TUI’s deliberately vague, obtuse and evasive tactics so I’ve just put a claim in to my Credit Card company.

If TUI do go insolvent, which is not beyond the realms of possibility,  at least I’ve got my credit-card ‘section 75’ claim in early.

I had an email from them on 11th  confirming my cancellation. The email address was email@customerservices.tui.co.uk. They are fairly responsive on twitter, repeating many times that refunds will take up to 28 days.
    Seen it all, done it all, can't remember most of it.
  • Laurence_Harvey
    Options
    bobblebob said:

I had an email from them on 11th  confirming my cancellation. The email address was email@customerservices.tui.co.uk. They are fairly responsive on twitter, repeating many times that refunds will take up to 28 days.

Thanks for the reply :) ;...my booking was made in-store and the refund procedure etc appears to be handled differently from on-line booking refunds.

It’s over 28 days since my original refund ticket number was submitted but still no refund.

Incidentally, anything sent to that email address email@customerservices.tui.co.uk bounces back as ‘undeliverable’.

I might give Twitter a go.
  • Pollycat
    Pollycat Posts: 34,797 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Savvy Shopper!
    Options

Thanks for the reply :) ;...my booking was made in-store and the refund procedure etc appears to be handled differently from on-line booking refunds.

It’s over 28 days since my original refund ticket number was submitted but still no refund.

Incidentally, anything sent to that email address email@customerservices.tui.co.uk bounces back as ‘undeliverable’.

TUI removed email contact details from their website months ago.
    There is one single phone number to contact them.
  • Laurence_Harvey
    Options
    Pollycat said:

TUI removed email contact details from their website months ago.
    There is one single phone number to contact them.

No email, and 1 phone number!... ringing that number and selecting ‘refunds advice’ just elicits a recorded message that says their ‘help-desks’ are closed,...apparently indefinitely. They offer no additional contact information.

It doesn’t inspire much customer confidence in a company that is actively selling holidays again.

I can’t shake off the feeling that  things are going seriously pear-shaped at TUI,...even more than they already were;___a 2Billion Euro bail-out loan, 8000 job losses___doesn’t bode well.

Been on several TUI holidays and they were all excellent___I really hope TUI can survive___there’s not many big tour operators left, is there?

• Pollycat
    Pollycat Posts: 34,797 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Savvy Shopper!
    Options

No email, and 1 phone number!... ringing that number and selecting ‘refunds advice’ just elicits a recorded message that says their ‘help-desks’ are closed,...apparently indefinitely. They offer no additional contact information.

It doesn’t inspire much customer confidence in a company that is actively selling holidays again.

I can’t shake off the feeling that  things are going seriously pear-shaped at TUI,...even more than they already were;___a 2Billion Euro bail-out loan, 8000 job losses___doesn’t bode well.

Been on several TUI holidays and they were all excellent___I really hope TUI can survive___there’s not many big tour operators left, is there?

Don't shoot the messenger.
    Thank you.
    I was just pointing out that email contact is not an option - as you have found out.
    It may help other posters from wasting their time emailing TUI.

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure