TUI refunds thread

Options

Comments

• SevenOfNine
    SevenOfNine Posts: 2,357 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Shookup said:
    we are in the same situation and are scared to press the cancel button but we want a refund not vouchers
    Daisy_Duck has clearly had a good look. If my trip booked for 8 Sept is cancelled, I'll go through the cancellation steps taking screen shots along the way, as long as I get the written message that Daisy_Duck describes then I'll probably complete the cancellation.  As long as I'm seeing actual ££££ amount of refund, (albeit with cancellation deductions which they've said will NOT be applied).

TUI may have had some sort of warning about telling customers they must wait for the UNSOLICITED refund credit note BEFORE they could request a refund.  Might be what TUI wanted, delays, but the law on package holiday refunds within 14 days has not changed.  

I'm surprised no-one has actually gone through the refund process this way already.  Nothing said on Twitter either - though someone has had his holiday this month cancelled, but discovered TUI are still selling it, same dates, same flights, same destination, same holiday..........but double the price!
    Seen it all, done it all, can't remember most of it.
  • Daisy_Duck
    Daisy_Duck Posts: 1,535 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Photogenic
    Options
    Shookup said:
    we are in the same situation and are scared to press the cancel button but we want a refund not vouchers
    Daisy_Duck has clearly had a good look. If my trip booked for 8 Sept is cancelled, I'll go through the cancellation steps taking screen shots along the way, as long as I get the written message that Daisy_Duck describes then I'll probably complete the cancellation.  As long as I'm seeing actual ££££ amount of refund, (albeit with cancellation deductions which they've said will NOT be applied).

TUI may have had some sort of warning about telling customers they must wait for the UNSOLICITED refund credit note BEFORE they could request a refund.  Might be what TUI wanted, delays, but the law on package holiday refunds within 14 days has not changed.  

I'm surprised no-one has actually gone through the refund process this way already.  Nothing said on Twitter either - though someone has had his holiday this month cancelled, but discovered TUI are still selling it, same dates, same flights, same destination, same holiday..........but double the price!

Have just gone for it!
    Screenshots all the way :)
    Says refund will be within 28 days- fingers crossed!
    The message about deductions not being taken came up twice- this was the very last box:
  • shandypants5
    shandypants5 Posts: 2,124 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Shookup said:

Have just gone for it!
    Screenshots all the way :)
    Says refund will be within 28 days- fingers crossed!
    The message about deductions not being taken came up twice- this was the very last box:
    I have just done the same.
    lots of screenshots taken, hopefully everything will be ok. 
    “Careful. We don't want to learn from this.”
  • Shookup
    Shookup Posts: 37 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    let us know if you get your money back.  we haven't pressed cancel yet!
  • Mazzle
    Mazzle Posts: 33 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    Shookup said:
    Yes we've not been brave enough yet!  We have until the 16th!
  • Daisy_Duck
    Options
    Shookup said:
    Absolutely, will do! :)

• wannapayoff
    wannapayoff Posts: 225 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Holiday EMA to FUE booked for August 19th  cancelled Thursday 2nd July.

logged in online and selected cancel option.. displayed fees BUT showed full refund . Cancellation email states full refund amount.

stated 3-5 working days for refund so in theory tomorrow it will be credited. 

Will wait and see.

we plan to get our bathroom done 

Living in our forever house!
    Two little princesses
    :grouphug: <
    I find this disturbing!
  • shandypants5
    shandypants5 Posts: 2,124 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Shookup said:
    Absolutely, will do.
    Daisy, did you get any kind of confirmation yet?
    i have had no email to confirm that I cancelled. .
    “Careful. We don't want to learn from this.”
  • bobblebob
    bobblebob Posts: 1,031 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 8 July 2020 at 4:19PM
    Options
    Just had a voicemail from someone from TUI regarding my holiday. Phone didnt ring. i got no missed call and i had full signal.

Also why is it saying the offices are closed when i ring the instore booking number? They dont close until 5.30
  • Daisy_Duck
    Options
    Shookup said:
    Absolutely, will do.
    Daisy, did you get any kind of confirmation yet?
    i have had no email to confirm that I cancelled. .
    No, nothing at all, no email confirming holiday is cancelled. Just what came up on screen. And it says cancelled when I log into Tui but no mention of refunds.

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback