Easyjet cancellations and refunds

Options

Comments

• ybeltrikov
    Options
    How many days before your flight you were notified of the cancellation?
    We booked a London-Faro for 6 April and I am getting anxious about what to do
  • mattyprice4004
    mattyprice4004 Posts: 7,492 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    While I feel your pain, this thread is about EasyJet - if you go back a page, you can create a new thread dedicated to your topic :) 
  • Caz3121
    Caz3121 Posts: 15,552 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    How many days before your flight you were notified of the cancellation? 
    for me 2 days,  I was informed on Monday of Wednesday flight cancellation then informed Wednesday of Friday cancellation
  • PoshinDevon
    Options
    Easyjet flight for 31/3/20 was cancelled by Easyjet on 18/3/20. Offer of rebook or rebook. Requested refund on 18/3/20 and this was processed, email received with full amount confirmed as refund and advising payment in 7 days. 

Still waiting for refund. It is almost impossible to contact Easyjet via any communication means. They are simply refusing to respond or you will get a meaningless auto generated message.

Whilst I understand Easyjet are busy and payment of refund could be delayed however they should communicate and set the customer expectation. 

This issue needs investigating as there are thousands of people in the same situation. Some people are owed hundreds of pounds and are in financial difficulty. There refund would go some way to alleviating there problems. 

Please can this issue be taken up with Easyjet direct. Customers need to be communicated to.
  • Westin
    Westin Posts: 5,945 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    From your cancellation and refund request, seven working dates would only be today (27th). You may even have to wait slightly longer. 
    Patience is a virtue.
  • laurajha
    Options
    I have been trying to get hold of easyJet to cancel our flight but failed. This morning I messaged them on twitter and they sent back a automated reply. I responded again I needed help and now they are taking to me and cancelling my flight. I hope his helps it might be worth a try if you have twitter. 
  • jenny-wren
    jenny-wren Posts: 838 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Four hours on hold last night and I finally got through after just over an hour this morning.  I was told they could only offer a voucher and unsurprisingly there were no supervisors available to talk to. When I insisted on the refund I'm entitled to I was told they couldn't process it as I had requested special assistance on the booking, which of course is 'a different telephone number'.  When I asked them to put me through directly they cut me off.  So I'm back on hold again - 25 minutes and counting - to the special assistance number.  Absolute shambles.

Has anyone else had success on getting a refund for a booking with special assistance?
    Norn Iron Club Member 330 ;)
  • Westin
    Westin Posts: 5,945 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Why would you need to call EasyJet special assistance for a flight cancellation and refund?  Seems very strange that they suggest you need to contact that department.
  • jenny-wren
    jenny-wren Posts: 838 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Westin said:
    Why would you need to call EasyJet special assistance for a flight cancellation and refund?  Seems very strange that they suggest you need to contact that department.
    Funny, that's what I told them! I am beyond irate now.
    Norn Iron Club Member 330 ;)
  • parcival
    parcival Posts: 949 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Easyjet is in a difficult position BUT could help themselves and customers by providing clarity and a web site that offers customers what they are legally entitled to. They could be ramping up the call centre with staff that they have from other areas of the business such as cabin crew.....
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback