The Compers Inn (part 49)

Options
Glad
Glad Posts: 18,865 Senior Ambassador
Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
I thought we should give the Inn a spring clean to match the new shiny forum, I'm thinking teal walls with hot pink accessories  B)
it's your place for comping and non comping chitchat leaving the rest of the board for comping discussions  :)

previous Inn here
I am a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Wales, Small Biz MoneySaving, In My Home (includes DIY) MoneySaving, and Old style MoneySaving boards. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Comments

• bishopsgirl
    bishopsgirl Posts: 1,817 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    edited 18 February 2020 at 7:23PM
    Options
    I've always wanted to be first in the inn. :)
    Be Lucky Everyone
  • Glad
    Glad Posts: 18,865 Senior Ambassador
    Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    First customer always gets free drinks for a week  :D 
    I'm just happy it all worked, I've been away 2 weeks and only viewing on my phone, home now and my old MacBook not that happy with the new forum so finding my way around :smile:
    I am a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Wales, Small Biz MoneySaving, In My Home (includes DIY) MoneySaving, and Old style MoneySaving boards. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • bishopsgirl
    Options
    Glad said:
    First customer always gets free drinks for a week  :D 
    I'm just happy it all worked, I've been away 2 weeks and only viewing on my phone, home now and my old MacBook not that happy with the new forum so finding my way around :smile:
    Cheers Glad. :smile:  
    Hi fire**fly.
    Good luck to everyone.

Be Lucky Everyone
  • theluckofthedraw
    Options
    Wow that was some spring clean, loving the décor!   
    morning everyone, have had my stitches out and foot feels better a bit as new bandages replaced etc, just 4 weeks for pins out.  Hope everyone is feeling better.  Weather dry but cold and some breeze here today.  
  • indie
    indie Posts: 3,308 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Afternoon all
    Loving the decor,thanks Glad. Well done on being first in bishopsgirl, free drinks for a week isn't to be sniffed at,lol
    Hi ff and theluckofthedraw, good news about your stitches coming out,the 4 weeks will fly by waiting for the pins to come out. Will you have to have physio then then to strengthen the movements again?
    It was a lovely sunny start to the day here but then the rain started and it's still going although not heavy.
    Hope you all have a good afternoon.
  • theluckofthedraw
    Options
    Hi Indie,  not sure about the physio nothing mentioned yet but think it will be a case of just attempting walking again carefully!  Rain here as well constant now .
    Enjoy the rest of your day x
  • indie
    Options
    Morning,
     It must be different areas as people always seem to go to physio here or have them come to them.We have rain and winds here again at the moment,and it's cold. I keep turning the heating up. I am going to the beach later to let a couple of ballons go as it's my neices birthday and 3 years since she passed. Her hubby and boys only celebrate her birthday by doing the same.
    Hope you all have a good day and the weather is better for you.
  • sheils6
    sheils6 Posts: 15,850 Forumite
    edited 20 February 2020 at 10:56AM
    Options
    Hi all,
    Hope everyone managing to use site ok. I haven't really been bothering as takes so long going through the pages and not really seeing much I want to enter for. Used to use the search to find holiday comps etc but next to useless now.
    Going to be busy with our breaks soon anyway.
    DD has pulled a muscle in her shoulder thanks to a violent patient so is in a bit of pain but going back to work.  She isnt allowed to restrain anyone though so might need to go to a safer ward!
    DS3 coping with his ankle and hoping to get a job soon as sick pay from Austria hasn't appeared ,in a bit of bother.
    DS2 buying his first house so it is all go here.

Hope your foot isnt too sore now luckofthedraw.

It isn't cold here indie but been so windy and pretty wet at times. There is a flood alert for the area.
    Heading to Newcastle area and then the east coast for a few days on Sunday which looks ok at the moment.
    Good luck to everyone.
    Mar Wins :- £2 GfK Media

Best Win of 2019 - Forest Holiday :)
  • theluckofthedraw
    Options
    morning everyone,
    indie -  I don't think physio been offered yet as I am 4 weeks away from pins out.  probably mention it then if its needed but at this moment i couldn't imagine anyone massaging my foot/ankle , I couldn't stand it they'd break something again. 
    Sheils, sorry about the family's problems all at once usually happens that way but will get sorted one way or another.  enjoy your stay at the weekend its been really wild and wet down this end of the country as you have probably seen!  but hopefully settled for your stay.

speak soon x
  • indie
    Options
    Morning, just a quickie as off to work soon. Sounds like you have had a busy week leanfun. Your GS must be musical minded to play by ear, he will go far if he continues to play.
     Hope your DS3  ankle heals quickly and he finds work soon sheils as it must be a worry for him.I understand how your DD feels as i have been hit with walking sticks, frames and fists and feet. It's not nice and can shake you up.I hope the weather is ok on your trip away.
    Luckofthedraw i expect your looking forward to getting back to work soon. let's hope your ankle is ok and getting easier to walk on.
    Have a good day,whatever your up to.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure