Debate House Prices

In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non MoneySaving matters are no longer permitted. This includes wider debates about general house prices, the economy and politics. As a result, we have taken the decision to keep this board permanently closed, but it remains viewable for users who may find some useful information in it. Thank you for your understanding.

The Nice People No. 17

Options

Comments

• MoneySeeker1
    MoneySeeker1 Posts: 1,229 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    edited 15 March 2020 at 8:11PM
    Options
    Cakeguts said:
    Cakeguts said:
    .... very likely to be on the autistic spectrum with what used to be called Asperger Syndrome.  I was going to get an official diagnosis soon by something tells me that it will have to wait a bit longer. There is no rush it has only taken 62 years for me to find out. 
    I stayed quiet earlier, I have processing/response issues and usually just avoid answering many posts as I don't know how to. 

I'm an Aspie :)  That's my speshulness.  It's.... not nice.

OK just to let you know that when I was spending time at the mental health centre where I have been a volunteer for 6 years one of the workers when I told her said that she didn't have a gift like that.  There are good sides to it that I have that I will admit to.

My downsides are getting banned from Facebook groups for making comments that other people read as rude.  Usually they are just blunt facts and I can see that now but then I just thought that people were rude. I have to remember that what is blindingly obvious to me might be rocket science to someone else who doesn't process everything in black and white.  My husband has been on at me for years about never having any shades of grey in my thinking and now we know why.

Just at the moment I have the autism special anxiety. in the past I have had the autism special anxiety and the autism special depression.  The trapped nerve wrecked my routine and then this coronavirus is about to do the same thing. 

I have also worked out though that the people who are panic buying in the shops are all suffering from anxiety so I can't tell actually how bad mine is compared to the general public.

What I will say is that the media has a lot to answer for in this. 

My answer is to stay off the computer unless I am on this forum but I don't want to read lots of stuff about coronavirus because that is making the anxiety worse mostly because I have to have facts about things and if people don't explain things thoroughly I get anxious then.  I don't have enough facts about this virus only loads of hype from the media.  My brain seems to live in a very logical world with only black and white processing and lot of worst case scenario processing.
    Admits that, as a non-Aspie, I can sympathise with the problems that can happen when "telling it like it is" - as I don't do "shades of grey" either. It's either right or it's wrong basically. I'd say that an example of that is many people let themselves off the hook for some types of lies or some types of theft and decide it's okay, whereas I see a lie as a lie and theft as theft at whatever point we are talking.

PASTURES - Why wouldnt you ask what flavour of icecream it is? Duh - I would have thought that was blindingly obvious question to ask personally. I'd certainly want the chance myself to go "If it's vanilla bogstandard make - forget it. If it's a luxury/healthy hazelnut or chocolate - now we're talking and I'll have one please".

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure