Forum Home» Marriage, Relationships & Families

Embracing the new family dynamics and looking forward to the future with optimism - Page 34

New Post Advanced Search
Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.

Embracing the new family dynamics and looking forward to the future with optimism

edited 30 November -1 at 12:00AM in Marriage, Relationships & Families
1.7K replies 445.6K views

Replies

• hb2hb2 Forumite
    1.2K posts
    1,000 Posts Second Anniversary Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭
    Ss, please don't be tempted to lift the little ones, even though they are unwell!
    It's not difficult!
    'Wander' - to walk or move in a leisurely manner.
    'Wonder' - to feel curious.
  • Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.
  • KxMxKxMx Forumite
    8.8K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    I know a granny who developed polymyalgia in her arms.
    I know that is an auto immune condition, but she'd spent the two previous years lifting and carrying her twin grandchildren from their birth three days a week. She was already immune compromised after having cancer multiple times.
    I do not think it was coincidence.
    Sadly she hasn't been able to stop treatment and grandchildren are at school now so past the 2 year normal duration of medication.
  • badmemorybadmemory Forumite
    3.8K posts
    1,000 Posts Fourth Anniversary Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Please keep an eagle eye on your posture.  Also you are doing a fair amount of close work with your sewing, are you sure your eyesight has not got worse.  That was when I first started to have neck trouble, I hadn't realised that I was sitting in my usual position but having to stretch my neck forwards to see properly what I was doing.
  • Savvy_sewingSavvy_sewing Forumite
    11.5K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Rampant Recycler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am sure it will be all the lifting.
     I had new glasses about 8 months ago. I use magnifying light for close detailed work, but to be honest I am hardly sewing these days.
     I have a customer booked at 11 today and had several drop offs yesterday, and had hoped to work today, but DS suddenly gotvup at 8.40 and said what time was it? When I told him he said he had a works meeting at 9, through on a clean T-shirt and jumper, used the bathroom and disappeared.
    so I am not sure how much work I can do at the moment.
     I told that designer I couldn't work at the moment, he still left a voicemail asking me to run up a couple of bikinis and a few dresses one afternoon! 
    One afternoon? I repeated that I cannot take on any more work that life has changed.
     I am beginning to think I may have to stop working for now as it's all a bit much, but I still need an income. So trying to think how I can do this. 
    When I die I will know that I have lived, loved, mattered and made a difference, even if in a small way.